What's new

Those of you who take a multi, what do you use?

Thanks for the analysis of your top three, and the tablet study. I hadn't heard that yet.
What do you think about the Garden of Life Vitamin Code products?
Thank you.

Actually it's a very good product. Love the A's and mixed toco's in the E. What i don't like is it does not list the sources for the other vitamins/minerals. In this industry, when you are proud of what your product has, you post it on the label, when you are not, you don't. Sim,ilar to anyone who uses ajinomoto bcaa's will proudly put the Ajipure tag on their label.

any comment on Megared vs the other omega sources out there? I switched from Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega because of the dosage size.

My rule of thumb is not to buy any nutritional product sold at a wholesale club (costco/bj's/etc...)
Nordic is good, but the price is insane, unless you get the liquid which actually tastes alot better than you'd think.

My recommendations for an efa supp would be:

(convenience) http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/univ/animalomega.html
(quality and taste) http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/orange-oximega.html [the orange oils don't leave you with the fishy burps]
(overall value) http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/o3.html

I used bb.com as a reference point

$AnimalPak-2-UniversalTab.jpg$AnimalPak-1-UniversalTab.jpg

Animal pak is literrally one of the worst formulated multis I've seen. Remember, the numbers you are reading are for (2) paks, not one, and even with 2 paks, still poorly done. I've challenged animal on a fitness board to improve their product and their response is usually "it's the top selling sports multi" which means nothing as the shake weight last year sold
more than a squat rack..
the amino complex will do nothing. Leucine would need to be dosed around 2.5-3g to elevate mTOR. Arginine has proven worthless and after a saturation level is reached will act like a vasoconstrictor instead of a vasodilator.

The rest is equally as bad. What truly frustrates me is that the company has the monetary advantage to put out a great product, but simply, they don't. The reps they have are some of the nicest guys in the business. I love the mentality and the purpose of the brand but other than their Animal Omega (posted earlier) and solely for convenience, I wouldn't use anything in their line.

-J

My rule of thumb is not to buy any nutritional product sold at a wholesale club (costco/bj's/etc...)

$IMAG0279.jpg

so these are no good? I've read about fish oil and the dangers of there being mercury in them, and from what I've read, if fish oil is sourced from smaller fish like sardine, mackerel, and anchovy, it's usually safer because those fish won't absorb mercury like bigger ones. Also Kirkland Signature's stuff is USP certified.

I'm still too concerned to buy Controlled Labs OT due to the excessive Vitamin E content...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21990298
"
Dietary supplementation with vitamin E significantly increased the risk of prostate cancer among healthy men."

View attachment 235461

so these are no good? I've read about fish oil and the dangers of there being mercury in them, and from what I've read, if fish oil is sourced from smaller fish like sardine, mackerel, and anchovy, it's usually safer because those fish won't absorb mercury like bigger ones. Also Kirkland Signature's stuff is USP certified.

I'm still too concerned to buy Controlled Labs OT due to the excessive Vitamin E content...

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21990298
"
Dietary supplementation with vitamin E significantly increased the risk of prostate cancer among healthy men."

The multi, without needing to even look at it is garbage. Can you post the panel for the fish oil?

You don't need to buy OT, again, remember, I am not here to sell anything. However, if you take a look at it, the group used a cheap form of E, tocopheryl acetate only. If you use a bargain pc from dell (a $400 model) do you expect the same output as that of a 3.4gh i7 mac?

Animal-Pak for years but tried Vita Pak from AllMax for a few months and really liked it. Orange Triad is really good too. I've tried them all but I've had results from Animal Pak.

My wife takes Anavite, I didn't care for it though.

Last edited:
The multi, without needing to even look at it is garbage. Can you post the panel for the fish oil?

You don't need to buy OT, again, remember, I am not here to sell anything. However, if you take a look at it, the group used a cheap form of E, tocopheryl acetate only. If you use a bargain pc from dell (a $400 model) do you expect the same output as that of a 3.4gh i7 mac?

Yes I do. For the same input I expect the same output. Computational devices are deterministic.

-jim

I stay away from multis and only do powders of whole foods. Acerola berry (vitamin c complex), matcha, raw cacao powder, and spirulina. I've read that lab-created synthesized vitamins and minerals can't beat actually getting them from real foods.

Animal-Pak for years but tried Vita Pak from AllMax for a few months and really liked it. Orange Triad is really good too. I've tried them all but I've had results from Animal Pak.

My wife takes Anavite, I didn't care for it though.

My gripe with Allmax is the amount of

I stay away from multis and only do powders of whole foods. Acerola berry (vitamin c complex), matcha, raw cacao powder, and spirulina. I've read that lab-created synthesized vitamins and minerals can't beat actually getting them from real foods.

You may actually like Ptermomax from Biotivia. Very solid.

What do you think of the Source of Life liquids? I've been taking these for some time-supposed to be a lot of whole-food concentrates in them.
http://www.sourceoflife.com/product...501&criteria=keywordSearchResults&category=15

The vitamin complex is terrible. The food complex without knowing exactly what the numerics are, you could be getting a pixie-dusting of everything.

Here is by far the most comprehensive greens+ formula I've found:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/vibrant-health/green-viberance.html

Thanks for the recommendation-I'll try it

My pleasure. I'd shop around a bit, you may be able to find it a bit cheaper, but bb.com is usually a good reference point. For the 60serv at $1 per serv, it is a great deal. You can also look into Controlled Labs Oximega Greens (like $20ish?) which is not as good on the formula, but has a very tasty spearmint flavor, helping to mask some of the more prominent vegetables.

I like a vegan formula,non synthetic one tablet per day that has a maximum of 30mg of vitamin E....I had read several reports years ago that excessive vitamin E can cause stretching of the heart muscles ,and my doctor had actually posted this on her bulletin board.

I like a vegan formula,non synthetic one tablet per day that has a maximum of 30mg of vitamin E....I had read several reports years ago that excessive vitamin E can cause stretching of the heart muscles ,and my doctor had actually posted this on her bulletin board.

Bodybuilders for years have used nuts to replace starchy carbs when dieting. Nuts contain a good amount of vitamin E. I'm inclined to trust a nutrition expert (Layne Norton, Alan Aragon) rather than my PCP. YMMV, but I've found that most primary care doctors know little to nothing about nutrition. My doctor told me, as I was getting ready for a show, being 5'11 and weighing 220 at sub 10% bf that I was obese...

Bodybuilders for years have used nuts to replace starchy carbs when dieting. Nuts contain a good amount of vitamin E. I'm inclined to trust a nutrition expert (Layne Norton, Alan Aragon) rather than my PCP. YMMV, but I've found that most primary care doctors know little to nothing about nutrition. My doctor told me, as I was getting ready for a show, being 5'11 and weighing 220 at sub 10% bf that I was obese...

I wouldn't rely on nutrition tips from an MD either. Nuts are my main source of fats.

I'm morbidly obese by my insurance company standards.

What do you think of the Omega-3s at GNC? I'm taking the one that also has Krill oil. I take one capsule twice a day.

I haven't taken a multivitamin in years. I take Viactiv Calcium/vit D chewables once in the morning and once at night.

Top Bottom