Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Vendor Hall of Fame Entry
What is your real name?
Rudolf Vey
What is the name of your business?
Ultimate Pen Designs + RVShaving
Where are you located?
Central New Jersey
What types of products do you carry or services do you provide?
Custom made shaving brushes and brush restorations
What inspired you to start your business?
I have made pens for many years, but in 2008 when the economy went down, the pen business pretty much went with it. During a search for fragrance, I came across shaving fora and thought that shaving brushes would be a good chance to compensate for the losses in the pen business. It actually has developed in a much faster pace than I expected it to be.
How can the members contact you?(email, phone, website)
e-mail: [email protected]
Phone: 908 731 2044
Do you ship to the US only or worldwide?
Worldwide:
USA normally with USPS priority mail
World: First Class mail
What is your age (or) generation?
What is your favorite shave setup?
I use a Fatboy or a Slim with yellow 7 o'clocks, but finish up with a Mach 3 because I have some odd growing directions in my beard and the DE does not "cut" it in some areas.
Prefer any good ol' tallow based soap (first choice is Pen's EF, Trumper Rose, vintage Old Spice and Yardley, but I also like and use the Arko stick, mainly on my travels).
The brushes I use are either made by myself or are Simpson, Rooney, M+F and, one of my favorites, Thaeter.
What are your hobbies and favorite activities?
If I find the time, I love to fish (mostly fly fishing for trout and salmon) - but due to the normal job (Senior Scientist in a chemical company with a lot of travel) and the brush business, my fishing has been reduced to a couple times a year on vacation.
What else should the members of B&B know about you?
I am German, live here since 1996. Married to Wendy, we have two dogs....and four grand kids.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Just saw someone took a look at this and I realized this is already 10 years ago...time flies, isn't it??
Maybe I should update my age.....going to be 68 next week. Now, we have three dogs...

Just saw someone took a look at this and I realized this is already 10 years ago...time flies, isn't it??
Maybe I should update my age.....going to be 68 next week. Now, we have three dogs...

Time flies...

I was thinking the other day about my first post (I bought an R89 after ample research) and my introduction at the Forum.That must have been 10 years also!

I should really thank you for the LE and especially the AS3M you made with specs by Sameer. Great stuff.

Top Bottom