What's new

Mike's Natural Soaps New Label & My Custom MWF Container

I was reading that Mike's Natural Soaps has a new container and label he's planning on using for his soaps. I already bought his soap so I asked him if I could print out a picture of his label, and better yet he was nice enough to offer and send me a new label!

I placed it on my container and it looks great! Thanks again Mike! I'm really enjoying your soap!

I was also messing around and made my own MWF container. So I thought I'd share my work with you guys.

$IMG_0255.jpg$IMG_0256.jpg

Where did you get your containers. I have been trying to find some good ones in new zealand but its difficult.

Where did you get your containers. I have been trying to find some good ones in new zealand but its difficult.

Thank you!

I buy them here in the US at Ikea. The product is called Grundtal and they sell for $5 for a set of 3. They are magnetic on the bottom too.

Love it!!! Excellent work. Looks like I'll have to buy more of Mike's soaps now if they are coming in containers! I had a hard time figuring out what to do with my "bar" of Barbershop, so it is just sitting on my sink next to the hand soap. :balloon:

so are they coming with containers? or is the price just the bar?

never tried Mikes, but i'm eyeng the LIME and want to know if i need to find a container.

Yes, the price is just the bar, it comes in a corrugated sleeve.

It has a firm but waxy texture. You could shove it into something or easily cut it to shape.

Do you have a scan of that label? I'd like to make a label myself but there's no decent sized image of the graphic on his site that I can find.

How did you make the MWF label?

Do you have a scan of that label? I'd like to make a label myself but there's no decent sized image of the graphic on his site that I can find.

I used a high quality Canon photo printer and printed on semi gloss photo paper. Then it took some resizing and messing around with my printer settings to get the correct size to print out.

The picture I used was from this link

http://leisureguy.wordpress.com/2006/12/07/love-that-wool-fat-soap/

I do try to keep water off the lid, but I've had water drip on it before and it wiped right off with no problems.

Hope this helps

Nice! I bought a couple of Mike's soaps, shoved them into containers I got from WCS, cut the labels off and taped them to the container. Covered with tape to keep the ink from running when it gets wet. Not sexy at all, but then I never was good at arts and crafts.

Now I have label envy.

never tried Mikes, but i'm eyeng the LIME and want to know if i need to find a container.

I got a sample of the lime and it has a great fresh lime-ade sort of smell, I love the smell, but somehow it doesn't match what I'm looking for in a shaving soap :p If you like the sweeter side of lime it'll be a favorite for sure, the performance is fantastic!

I believe that the tins will be for sale very soon, Mike suggested that the price will be a bit more than a bar, but not too much more.

shaved with my samples the past two days. this is a very good shave soap - performance is top shelf.

Top Bottom