What's new

My NEW Standard...It's a Jewel (not the gem, the singer)

Well, I got over enthusiastic on the 'bay and pulled the trigger on this one. Upon closer inspection I saw that it had a bent teeth on the corners. At first, I was irritated but soon realized that this flaw wouldn't affect the shave.
It reminded me of something or someone......Jewel. If you remember VH1's 90's heyday, you'd be familiar with Jewel. I remember seeing her and thinking, "what's up with her teeth?" Later on, her slightly crooked teeth grew on me. It gave her personality. It didn't affect her singing (my review of her music is another story). After a while, her teeth became a part of who she was (she got them fixed now, I'm kinda sad about it).
Anyways, here's my NEW Standard. She's a beaut.....

$NewStand#1.jpg$NewStan#2.jpg$NewStand#3.jpg$NewStand#4.jpg$jewelteeth2.jpg

That's not enough of a bend to make a difference. My silver Tuckaway has something like that, never bothered me.

Nice catch!

That is a great find, and I agree, the bend at the angle which it is should have zero affect on the shave.

Nice find!!!

I had a bent tooth like that... i gently coaxed it to closer to where it should be... but that's NOT for the faint of heart

Do not be tempted to straighten the tooth on the razor. I just recently snapped one corner off of a fairly rare Tuckaway variant, and I'm still kicking myself over it.

Bent teeth can be fixed carefully. I had an open comb new with a bent tooth.
Just be careful.

Say, didn't Jewel have her snaggle tooth fixed? I thought she did when she came out with that pop album.

Bent teeth can be fixed carefully. I had an open comb new with a bent tooth.
Just be careful.

Say, didn't Jewel have her snaggle tooth fixed? I thought she did when she came out with that pop album.

She did get her teeth fixed. :blue: I kind liked her old teeth better.
As far as the razor is concerned, it shaves beautifully and I'm a clutz when it comes to that stuff. I'm getting warm to the bent teeth.

Top Bottom