What's new

PIF: Personna 74 blades "The Sweet Sixteen"

I got mine in yesterday I shaved tonight...All I can say is WOW! what a close comfortable shave these are amazing blades thanks again Man00ver...Going to try for 16+ with these

Alrighty then, it looks as if the Canada Post is on the job! I can only assume my little "greeting cards" must have made their way to most US recipients by now. As it turns out, one set went to Singapore; I wonder how long that'll take?

all the way from Singapore reporting in :)
Got my greeting card yesterday. Many thanks Manoover..Can't wait to try the blades. Will report in again :)

Alex, it's just getting properly settled in at this point. You've got plenty of good shaves ahead....

Been trying to get my Slim adjusted correctly, but I might just go back to the EJ89 and start this 16+ day challange. Maybe if I can focus on one blade I can also focus on one soap or cream.
Gonna start it today
I'll keep this thread updated with my progress

I can't seem to adjust my slim correctly, Time to embark on this journey Man00ver with my EJ89
Like I promised first shave is tonight!

Thanks for the PIF once again

Shave 1 Log: Musgo Real/CO Bigelow mix

No effin way, BBS no cuts nicks or irritation went ATG along the neck (biggest problem area) no nicks or weepers just glided through the hair
Face feels wonderful, no razor burn or even stinging from AS or Alum

Must... find... more of these!

Shave 2: SCS lime
I think the cream wasn't good enough protection on the Single ring
gave me a very close shave but a ton of burn with the Alum block

Gonna try again soon with a different soap that I know works well

I recommend you stick with the EJ (or similar mild handles) for a while, Nova. The P74 blade will not lose any of its super-sharpness for the first week or so. The Single Ring is pretty aggressive and I'd probably reserve it for week #3. If you're going to use those kind of razors in the early stages, you'll certainly want a thick, protective lather along with a very light touch!

Thats true, I'm gonna stick to the EJ89 for a while, the P74 absolutely destroyed my face due to the thin/unprotective lather that I got from SCS
Tried it with the EH89 again and worked beautifully no resistance and cut super close. Could barely feel it at 5pm the next day (I am a night shaver)
I think I am going to stick to true and tried Cella/Arko/MB mix its ultra protective

Top Bottom