What's new

Kirkland Silver Tequila

I just recently tried Kirkland Silver Tequila from Costco. The price for a 1.75 liter bottle was about $18.95! I was prepared to be disappointed, as I could not believe that any 100% pure agave tequila could be any good at such a low price.

But, I was wrong! This is a surprisingly good blanco tequila. The nose is typical tequila. Taste was agave notes along with some floral and citrus notes. Only mild alcohol burn and a mild and rapidly diminishing finish. A long way from the best blanco I ever had, but much better than the astonishingly low price would suggest. It made a very good Margarita.

I will certainly be buying more.

Anyone else try it yet? Impressions, please.

Yeah Kirkland spirits are pretty underrated. Their Vodka, bourban and Scotch are all very good.

Last edited:
I tried a bottle of it when I was down in San Diego earlier this year for a stag. It wasn't as smooth as some tequilas I've tried but for the price, it made a great mixing tequila.

It wasn't as smooth as some tequilas I've tried but for the price, it made a great mixing tequila.
Just wondering of the other tequila 'connoisseurs' would agree. There was a recent tequila thread where I believe Don Julio was given a lot of love. I'm curious how these two would compare.

Top Bottom