What's new

Smoke This! Cigar Canoeing? Hold your stick up straight!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
Smoke This!...Cigar Canoeing? Hold your stick up straight!!! :thumbsup:

"Regarding Canoeing: I found that if you simply leave the slow burning portion of your stick at "6 o'clock." The burn will correct itself

within a few minutes. I've tried this numerous times and it works quite well. No touch-ups required"!!!
proxy.php

By Wayne Foran in Reading, PA

Cigar Advisor.com

proxy.php
"My tastes are simple: I am easily satisfied with the best". Sir Winston S. Churchill

Last edited:
I find that the bottom of the stick burns faster than the top if smoking indoors with no breeze. I usually set the cigar in the ashtray canoe side up until it evens itself out. I'll have to try the 6 o'clock thing, thanks.

I find that canoeing arises for me if my cigars are stored at at RH that is too high (i.e. its a humidity issue). Currently store at 65% and have had zero canoeing issues. I do spin the cigar (i.e slow burning side faces up) if i have uneven burn issues before i will touch up

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
There's a difference between a cigar that is burning a little uneven and one that is canoeing. I find that most issues with a canoeing cigar is due to improperly bunched filler, with the burning side being less dense than the other. If the cigar has one section where the burn takes off down the side, I usually let it go and see if it will correct it's self, if it gets too bad a torch lighter is used to correct (punish) the cigar. .

Last edited:
There's a difference between a cigar that is burning a little uneven and one that is canoeing.

Really? I always thought what people refer to as canoeing is just uneven burn that's been allowed to get very uneven. What is the difference?

I find that most issues with a canoeing cigar is due to improperly bunched filler, with the burning side being less dense than the other. If the cigar has one section where the burn takes off down the side, I usually let it go and see if it will correct it's self, if it gets too bad a torch lighter is used to correct (punish) the cigar. .

Agreed - unven fill is the biggest cause of uneven burn :wink2:

Really? I always thought what people refer to as canoeing is just uneven burn that's been allowed to get very uneven. What is the difference?

Canoeing is where one side of the cigar burns faster than the other. Severe uneven burn

Last edited:
Top Bottom