What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a good friday indeed!

proxy.php

I decided that it was finally time to join this week's theme. And, of course, I couldn't let my friend David down so I headed to the banks of the Potomac...

Bill, if I knew you were going to do this , I would have requested you took a boat out as well!!!:lol::lol: This is one fine pic, my friend, it truly is!:thumbup::thumbup:

Bill, if I knew you were going to do this , I would have requested you took a boat out as well!!!:lol::lol: This is one fine pic, my friend, it truly is!:thumbup::thumbup:

Thank you, David. I was hoping it would not disappoint after you specifically requested that I go back to the river...

Avant
Hot Towel

Rasage
Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet
Edwin Jagger Medium Silvertip
Le Grelot in Ivory
Poor Man Strop

Aprés
Cold Water
DR Harris Marlborough AS
Nivea Sensitive Balm

So today is my birthday (turned 19), and I got this lovely Le Grelot 6/8, 1/4 Hollow, in Ivory from my family.
Tried it out and wow what a shave. This is hands down my absolute favourite of my straight razors. And the ivory is just incredible.
Enjoy your shave everyone :thumbsup:

proxy.php

:happybday:

That's one heck of a birthday present, Till, and she's a beauty!:001_tt1: The TI steel takes a magnificent edge. Birthday shaves don't come more luxurious than this.
Enjoy the rest of your day, my friend.

Happy Friday to All!
~ 04/06/2012 ~

Semogue 2011 LE FBristle 2 (#88) | Merkur HD w/ Red IP | Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba | SL: NB Signature SC_MWF |
Aqua Velva Classic Ice Blue After Shave

I know yesterday I complained about a superlather but it must of been the combo I used. I know now not use ARKO paired with something else. But it could also been the old blade I used which caused razor burn. Anywho, today's shave was no comparison to yesterdays b/c this superlather combo was Perfecto! Scents mended really well. The lather had everything together especially when use a good SC and it just gets even more enhanced when there is added tallow/lanolin from a soap. I initially was really tired this morning but all has changed with a bright sun and 10oz of coffee. Gentleman Happy Shaving. You all have a terrific day and weekend ahead of you!

proxy.php

Glad the shaving is back on form today, Balaji. Your pics continue to inspire!:thumbup:

:happybday:

That's one heck of a birthday present, Till, and she's a beauty!:001_tt1: The TI steel takes a magnificent edge. Birthday shaves don't come more luxurious than this.
Enjoy the rest of your day, my friend.

Told you there were some nice things coming :lol: Thank you David, it has been a wonderful day. The edge on that Le Grelot is amazing, smoothest shave so far (now I know why they are so highly thought of).

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Thäter SRP 2011 LE (Thanks Jimmy)
Razor: M.Gallus/ERN Crown & Sword
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Cream: Vulfix Sandalwood
After shave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Results: Found this razor on a used/antique marked last weekend, it's one of the few Norwegian made straights and was really excited about it, but the excitement didn't last for long :sad: I started to get worried when I was honing it, had a hard time getting it to take an edge, but finally it was popping armhair almost 1/2 inch over the skin. Lathered up some Sandalwood cream with my new arrived Thäter (An amazing brush!! A lather machine with super soft tips :biggrin1: ) and got to work, the first stroke was fine, from there it just went south, at the fourth stroke it barely cut at all, the razors simply couldnt hold the edge, I guess it have lost it's temper sometime the last 150 years, bummer!! Since I was a little worried about the edge I had my, also fresh honed, Crown & Sword lying at the shelf, grabbed it and finished the shave with great results.

proxy.php

Thater 1-0 Gallus. Those Thaters are wonderful brushes, just a pity the Gallus turned out that way, Rune. Hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it?

Glad the shaving is back on form today, Balaji. Your pics continue to inspire!:thumbup:

Thank you very much David! I hope all is well your computer and things are running smoothly. Also wanted to mention that I was very fond/inspired of your SOTD pic a couple days ago, very elegantly done! All the colors are just coordinated so well especially with that sun shining in the background!

13/16 Toyo "Special Razor", Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Imperial Shave Pegasus III Strop
Rooney 3/1 Silvertip
Castle Forbes Lime Essential Oil Cream
Cold Water Rinse
Proraso Splash
C&E West Indian Lime Cologne

proxy.php

Thank you very much David! I hope all is well your computer and things are running smoothly. Also wanted to mention that I was very fond/inspired of your SOTD pic a couple days ago, very elegantly done! All the colors are just coordinated so well especially with that sun shining in the background!

Thank you, Balaji. It took approx a dozen attempts to get that one. I only use a phone camera for my pics, and with the sun shining, it was difficult to get a pic where you could see the gear. And yes, after 2 nights, I finally got my laptop reinstalled and functioning again.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
It's a good friday indeed!

proxy.php

I decided that it was finally time to join this week's theme. And, of course, I couldn't let my friend David down so I headed to the banks of the Potomac...

A stunning shot by one of the great SOTD Masters. Excellent, Bill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom