What's new

What do you know about Personna blades?

Those appear to be Crystals, aka "Israeli Personnas." They've a pretty good reputation. $15 shipped is a decent price. AMZN has them for $18. As for other recs, have you purchased a sampler yet? No need to buy 100 blades before trying a pack or two. All of the blades she's selling, though, are well-respected around here.

I have just been trying a Personna Platinum Super Chrome stainless blade (blue/white pack). I got this in a "Variety Pack" I bought on Fleabay UK. First impressions OK in my Gillette Super Adjustable P2 but both slightly aggressive and draggy in my Merkur Progress #570 Adjustable. It was however, certainly better than the Wilkinson Sword (also in the Variety Pack) in the Gillette, which was very disappointing and felt plain blunt. The Personnas were not as good as my regular Derby or Feather blades, which work equally well in both razors. I would class the Personnas along with Merkur - OK but nothing special

I have still to try the Treet, Gillette 7 o'clock, Shark, Trig and Vidyut. I know I could stick with the Derby and Feather but that would be really boring.

Wilson

I actually thought it irritated me a bit but not as much as the other ones I didn't like, just doesn't seem to hit the sweet spot, I'm wondering if it would be better in another razor.

The persona blades just don't agree with my face for some reason. I thought I was going to like the labs but the just tend to pull and drag on my face. With both my super adjustable and my ej89l. Ymmv I guess.

Top Bottom