What's new

Just found a few of my late uncles Puma knives !!! Super happy!

I grew up with an Uncle who was an avid hunter/outdoorsman and knife collector. Growing up, even though I was a city kid, I spent winter breaks, from school, in the mountains with him, hunting,hiking,shooting etc.. Well today, I was up at his Cabin that I inherited when he passed, and found a small case in the basement with these knives.. I remember them from when I was a kid.. Theyre easily 30 years old, and look brand new. 3 pumas, and a Case Texas Lockhorn folding knife, that was only made between '80-'83 if im not mistaken.. I thought we pretty much found everything that he left us, and to my surprise, these were in a little crawl space under the staircase...!!

Regards
B
$IMAG0480.jpg$IMAG0474.jpg$IMAG0473.jpg$IMAG0472.jpg$IMAG0469.jpg

Last edited:
Nice knives, but I'm more interested in the Ardennes box behind them. What's in it!?

Last edited:
Nice knives, but I'm more interested in the Ardennes box behind them. What's in it!?

:a51:
I agree it is a nice box!

Heres what's in it..
A 200x50 La Veinette.....you couldn't give me 20 la veinettes for these knives..but it is an awesome stone..I'm pretty new, and getting decent edges from it, as I learn though, I have a honemeister hone my daily shavers...
$IMAG0370-2.jpg$IMAG0361-1.jpg$IMAG0367-1.jpg

Last edited:
What a story - and what a spectacular find. I see so many years or pleasure out of all or this for you. Wow.

Bet you caught your breath when you opened the box and saw those knives you remembered from long ago

Basil is going to sell me that stone someday.

Wow! Hahahaha! Im amazed, you tracked the La Veinette down in a thread about my uncles knives! What do have an alert function with the key words” Chefbaze/La Veinette..? Lol....... Im enjoying it right now, but you never know.. I may go the way of the Feather, which is on its way from Telly in Japan.. Im enjoying honing too much to give up straights right now, but if the shaves dont start improving, I may have to stick with the feather..and you'll have your shot at this stone...

Why don't you call Maurice? He must have some..I find it hard to believe, Scott and I got the last 2...

Wow! Hahahaha! Im amazed, you tracked the La Veinette down in a thread about my uncles knives! What do have an alert function with the key words” Chefbaze/La Veinette..? Lol....... Im enjoying it right now, but you never know.. I may go the way of othe Feather, which is on its way from Telly in Japan.. Im enjoying honing too much to give up straights right now, but if the shaves dont start improving, I may have to stick with the feather..and you'll have your shot at this stone...

Why don't you call Maurice? He must have some..I find it hard to believe, Scott and I got the last 2...

I'm a patient man and that is a beautiful stone. Plus I believe in Coticule fate :tongue_sm

BTW - those knives are awesome.

That's a great story. Looks like he took care of those knives. Take care of them and pass them on to the next generation.

The first knife I ever saw that made me go "WOW!" was a green handled Puma folder in a display case. Hollow ground, clip point. It was a real beauty. I can still picture it clearly in my mind. I was just a kid and no way could afford one back then but it sure lit a fire for things to come.:lol:

Congratulations!

Ken

Bet you caught your breath when you opened the box and saw those knives you remembered from long ago

Yes, that's exactly what happened..along with a bittersweet smile... Its kicked up all kinds of memories, that felt as.though they just.happened yesterday.. And then you realize....its been 30 years.....

Top Bottom