What's new

Recovering Mach 3 addict checking in

Hi, my name is Chip and... I'm a former Mach 3 user... :blushing:

My wife would chase after me for almost two weeks to shave, at which point I'd have to start with an electric razor and finish up with the Mach 3, getting sick from fumes the canned shaving cream gave off. Even with a new blade, I got about the same shave rubbing sandpaper on my face... I even grew a goatee just so I would only have to shave half of my face.

A few weeks ago, my wife gave me permission to try out my new project on promise of immediate use when it arrived. When everything finally showed up I locked myself in the bathroom, swearing not to come out until the last two weeks worth of growth was gone.

I've never in my life used water warmer than frigid for shaving, so it was already a foreign experience from the start; the warmth was nice though The shaving cream still smelled like shaving cream, but it was a nice scent. The brush, let's just say it looks better than it tastes - and that you want to close your mouth when applying lather. Then my first stroke. The hair glided off, so did some skin. This process repeated itself for about twenty minutes. At the end, my face was a bloody mess, but something made me laugh... not only was this the closest shave I'd _ever_ had, but it didn't burn like usual. Afterwards, I applied my usual ice-water (not literally, but close) and patted dry. I gave my Mach 3 and all the blades away that night.

I've been wet-shaving with my DE razor for almost a month now, and obviously my technique has improved, but there are some rather unexpected problems I've encountered. First, my wife and I have a king of the hill-style match for the bathroom every morning because I want to shave and she wants to go about her morning routine unperturbed. Second, I want to spend money on new things, strange things... I'm buying soaps and lotions whenever one looks remotely interesting, and when I'm not buying them... I'm researching them. I find myself desiring fancy clays and scents I never even imagined existed, yet I still feel manly. One positive side effect is that my wife loves the fact that I'm now perma-clean-shaven. :biggrin:

Anyway, that's my story. It feels good to get that off my chest; which I will not shave, the thought scares me.

Chip - Welcome to B&B. I enjoyed your story and even though it is similar to many of our own I never get tired of reading them. Thanks!

Top Bottom