What's new

Opinions on Razorock Mughetto di Bologna?

Hi guys,

Was wondering if anyone uses the Razorock Mughetto di Bologna soap and what your opinions of it are. I have a fair amount of soaps (D.R. Harris, QCS, Mike's naturals, etc.) but it seems I have pinpointed that the best for me lather-wise is Razorock Chianti Lavender and Cella. So I'm thinking of getting one more flavor of razorock and calling it a day. (I swear! :shifty:)

I really like the scent of the chianti lavender, from reading other posts the mughetto di bologna is another flowery style of scent. Can anyone speak on how similar the two are in scents? I'm open to other suggestions within the razorock line as well, but I'm hesitant in buying anything citrus flavored since I already have two. Thanks for the help!

I have used both enough to give shed a bit of light. I love both scents quite a bit, but I find Mughetto di Bologna to be a warm, less sweet scent. Both are definitely floral, with Chianti Lavender seeming a bit less natural...kinda candy-like, in my opinion. If you like one, you will definitely like the other. I'd call them cousins that could be mistaken for brothers.
One thing I noticed, however, is that Mughetto di Bologna is the only soap I've used other than C and E Nomad that left my face a bit tingly or slightly irritated. It wasn't bad enough to cause redness, but it felt kind of like having really dry skin and putting a strong moisturizer on my face. I'm guessing the feeling is pretty well known....

Mughetto is extremely floral...very different to my nose than Chianti (which is a very unique lavender...nothing like the traditional English lavenders). I don't find Chianti to be overly flowery, however, Mughetto definitely is.

I have the Muguet de France...same scent as the Bologna, just no tallow in this one. Now, I found the scent to be almost sickly sweet at first...kinda like a really sweet air freshener if you can imagine that. At some other members' advice, I left the tub open for over a week to let the scent mellow out. Now it has mellowed to a nice light, slightly sweet soapy scent. Lathered up the scent is even lighter. Can't compare to Chianti b/c I don't have that one.

Lefty, you might want to leave your tub of MdB out so the scent can air out some. Maybe it would be more compatible with your skin after doing that.

Good call, cvac. I'll try it with the Nomad as well. I love the scents, but there's just something a bit intense about both. Thanks!

I used Muguet de France until it was finished and it is by far one of my favorite scents. It's very floral and relaxing and always left my face feeling good. I have the Mughetto di Bologna and it's the same scent but I perfer the MdF lather for some reason. Both are awesome soaps.

Lefty, the hard c&e soap is probably gonna take way longer to air out FYI. I have a hard puck of Cade that's been sitting for a few months, and the scent hasn't aired out that much. For whatever reason, the soft soaps like RR air out faster...I would maybe give it 7-10 days and see how it is. You want the scent to air out but you don't want it to turn into a hard rock!

It sounds like I will probably like the scent if MdB based on everything that's been said about it, so I will be picking up some of that along with a bottle of osage rub AS. Can't wait to try that stuff out.

Lately I've been putting a bit of C.O. Bigelow in the tub of chianti lavender, then loading it up for a minute before face lathering. For anyone who has both, it is definitely worth trying.

If you like the smell of spring flowers like Lilac, Hyacinth, and Linden, the chance is you're going to like Lily of the Valley too.

I have used both enough to give shed a bit of light. I love both scents quite a bit, but I find Mughetto di Bologna to be a warm, less sweet scent. Both are definitely floral, with Chianti Lavender seeming a bit less natural...kinda candy-like, in my opinion. If you like one, you will definitely like the other. I'd call them cousins that could be mistaken for brothers.
One thing I noticed, however, is that Mughetto di Bologna is the only soap I've used other than C and E Nomad that left my face a bit tingly or slightly irritated. It wasn't bad enough to cause redness, but it felt kind of like having really dry skin and putting a strong moisturizer on my face. I'm guessing the feeling is pretty well known....

I LOVE the Lilly-of-the-Valley scent of Mughetto di Bologna and it lathers like a fiend, but the performance with my skin isnt the best. It started as this week's rotation on Sun and by Tue; I had to use Trumper's Skin Food as a pre-shave to get the glide I wanted and an irritation free shave.

I gave up on it today and went with Cella. I am considering giving Muguet de France a try, because I really have grown attached to the scent.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
RR MdB is my tied favorite lather/scent. The other is QCS green irish tweed.

It is not sickly sweet IMO and is rather subdued. I'll never be without it.

It's nice, easy to lather, pleasing scent. A very good soap indeed, and only thing I would've liked is if the scent was a bit more pronounced.

I say if you like Chianti Lavender, try the new King Louis! It's a deeper, truer lavender scent and IMO and many others, it is the best Razorock soap to date! Pair it with the Aftershave lotion spray and oh my, a smoother face I doubt you will find!

Top Bottom