What's new

Best Shaving Cream UK or Italy

Currently it's got to be Italy. Like eveything else here in the UK it's gone to the dogs. Saying that the English shave company have some nice razors. And the Italians dont have Erasmic...........Hmmm, harder than I thought???

Well, I've never met an Italian product I didn't like. As far as UK, I have TOBS Avocado, and dont care for it. That's the only UK product I've tried (I think).

Your question is impossible to answer-as the answer is the best product is the one that works for YOU. Our esteemed colleague, Marco, votes for English creams, and Italian soaps. I don't use Italian soaps or any soaps for that matter due to my incredibly hard water. I have tried 2 varieties of TOBS, 2 of Trumper's, and 5 samples of T&H, and none of them gave me satisfactory performance. Yet, C.O. Bigelow, which is made by Proraso, has given me some of my best shaves ever. Who woulda thought? Bottom line, after a lot of experimentation, I have now found about 1/2 dozen creams that give me great performance, each and every shave. This was after a lot of experimentation, and a lot of purchases, and then subsequent sales on B/S/T. Everyone's experience is different, and I encourage you to read the reviews, and try and get samples (enough for at least 5-10 shaves) before you commit to a product. One person's idea of best and yours maybe radically different. I must add that one of my winners is Eshave Verbena Lime, marketed by an American company, but manufactured in England. You owe it to yourself to find out what works best for you.

Pick up some Cyril R Salter French Vetiver cream from the UK and Tcheon Fung Sing Bergamotto Neroli soap from Italy via the Netherlands.

That should keep you busy.

There are good products on both sides and it really gets hard to generalize one or the other, while I lean towards the Italian side I would not go so far to say that one is so far ahead of the other.

I think each country has their own distinct product styles. I would say eaither depending on what you like.

The bonus soap included was great as well. I just ordered the Tabacco Verde from Eric I liked them so much.

What are your thoughts on the Tabacco Verde? I talked to Eric and he indicated that TFS has a combo tub pack (Neori & Tabacco) in 100 & 150ml tubs. How sweet is the Neroli?

Top Bottom