What's new

Astra SP blades for under $10/100 on Amazon

The difference between that $12 and the usual $9.89 (or so) is only around $0.02 per blade. Not sure that that merits getting bummed out.

Just my $0.02. :)

- Mark

I paid just over $10 a couple of weeks ago. That's still an unbeatable deal, so I'll find something else to obsess about....:whistling:

These Astra's, and the Personna blades at around 12.00 on Ebay, are the two best steals in blades, anywhere. They're a flawless shave, without the "designer" blade prices!

I bought 50 blades for $12. Hence the bummed out feeling.

Yep, that's different. At the risk of being rude (I'm really not trying to be), that just wasn't a well-researched purchase. The 100-pack of Astra SPs seems to pretty much always be available in the $8-$12 range.

- Mark

Yep, that's different. At the risk of being rude (I'm really not trying to be), that just wasn't a well-researched purchase. The 100-pack of Astra SPs seems to pretty much always be available in the $8-$12 range.

- Mark

Are these the same as red personna?

- Mark

Well, I am new at this and I looked on some of the B&B vendors sites and the price was more in $20/100 range, but even that was after I paid for the $12/50. I bought them from Dr. Idiot here on B&B who has really good prices on Feathers ($15/50), so I assumed his price for Astra will also be good. My mistake for not searching around more. However, it's good to know that these Astras are so inexpensive since I really like them. I have yet to try any kind of Personnas, but so far between Feathers and Astra SP I am pretty happy. I tried Merkur (not better than Astra, but way more expensive) and Chroma, which I hated. They just seemed terrible in every way and in every razor I have. I liked Derby, but not as much as Astra and they seem to cost about the same. So far price/performance winner is definitely Astra SP in my limited experience. Oh, and I tried NOS Gillette Thin (red and black wrapper). I read terrible reviews of this blade, but I liked it for smoothness. I guess my skin is very sensitive to sharp blades. I use Feathers only in my Tech and Flare Tip SS, when I use it in the EJ89 I get razor burn. It's definitely YMMV situation here. Getting back to the price of Astra SP blades, I am happy to see them being sold so cheap in places like Amazon. I am not very happy with paying twice the price for them, but I chalk it up to my learning experience. I will not buy them from Dr. Idiot again, obviously.

Cheers!

--
VF

Top Bottom