What's new

Newb Here

Great, The variety pack was only 11 bucks so I figured I might as well try it. Wondering which brand would be good to try first.

Are those the only brands present in the sampler? If yes then that is slim pickings for $11. But of the 4 you mentioned, Astra are considered sharp so you should leave them for last. Out of the rest, just pick one. But really do read some tutorials first, take care not to exert too much pressure. In-fact, during your first few shaves, let the razor glide across your skin under its own weight, you can gradually begin exerting pressure where you believe its needed. Patience is a virtue in shaving but its very rewarding.

Welcome aboard! Take time to learn how to lather and you are well on your way to man- time shaving bliss! Many great lathering tutorials on you-tube.

great starter kit. one thing to keep in mind is that your brush is likely to be on the scratchier side, doing some exfoliating of its own, so try to use it gently unless you like that. i personally get pretty irritated by brushes with any real "scritch" to them, so i try to buy the absolute softest most pillowy brushes i can find. if you find your brush to be uncomfortable, don't fret - there's a softer brush out there with your name on it.

it might be a bit more expensive though :(

Congratulations! Looks like a fun start is about to happen. Let us know when your gear arrives. Are you making room for the stuff in your bathroom? First thing I did was to really deep clean and organize my bathroom space - a fresh start and all!

Welcome to the B&B from a fellow newb.

Karl

Hey Everyone,

I just joined B & B yesterday while conducting research into safety blades. Thanks for the wealth of information! Great community.

Just placed an order from Fendrihan here in Ontario for:
1 x Chrome Plated Stand for Safety Razor & Shaving Brush
1 x Classic Apothecary Shaving Mug, White + Edwin Jagger Shaving Soap Fragrance Sandalwood
1 x Merkur HD 34C Double-Edge Safety Razor
1 x Classic Pure Grey Badger Shaving Brush, Faux Ivory Handle
1 x Razor Blades Sampler: Precision, Dorco, Derby and Astra

We will see how she goes when it arrives next week.

Welcome to B&B! when you are ready to start check out the "sticky post at the top of the Shaving Soaps Forum for tips on lathering your soap.

great starter kit. one thing to keep in mind is that your brush is likely to be on the scratchier side, doing some exfoliating of its own, so try to use it gently unless you like that. i personally get pretty irritated by brushes with any real "scritch" to them, so i try to buy the absolute softest most pillowy brushes i can find. if you find your brush to be uncomfortable, don't fret - there's a softer brush out there with your name on it.

it might be a bit more expensive though :(

I will keep that in mind, my skin can handle some exfoliation for the most part, but thats good to know. Thanks

Top Bottom