What's new

What is your earliest TV memory?

I just remembered that I used to watch Zorro a lot. I don't remember the episodes themselves, but I do remember that I used to go around the house putting "Z"s on everything with a crayon.

Born late 1954, I remember in late 1959 Hugh Hefner's Penthouse Party with Lenny Bruce. It was a gas! Subsequent shows with Nat Cole, Chet Baker and other jazz artists and scantily clad buxom women surely led to my love of both.

By the time I was nine I was shooting smack and had the clap.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was born in 1981 and my first TV memories are of Seinfeld.

Just kidding. I remember watching Big Bird (what I called Sesame Street) and Mr. Rogers.

M

modern man

Not my earliest but the one that stuck with me the most would have to be, Budd Dwyer.

M

modern man

Born in 1982. The first thing I remember watching... the morning of January 28th 1986 with my dad. :frown:

Ya know, I remember that too and It was before the Budd Dwyer.

Humph, thinking real hard about it. I don't remember much TV when I was a kid just an explosion and a suicide. Talk about a happy childhood.

Born in 1970

Earliest TV memories: reruns of Little Rascals, Hogan's Heros, Lawrence Welk Show, Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters, Get Smart, Flipper, Batman, Superman, Andy Griffith Show, Happy Days, Laverne & Shirley, westerns like Lone Ranger, Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Riflemen, The Big Valley.

Other later TV memories: Barney Miller, Welcome Back Kotter, The Jefferson's, What's Happening, B J & the Bear, Dukes of Hazzard, Taxi, Miami Vice, Knight Rider, Different Strokes, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Cheers, Charlie's Angels, Magnum PI, Mork & Mindy, Bosum Buddies, Incredible Hulk, Chips, The 6 million Dollar Man, WKRP in Cincinatti, Three's Company, Gilligan's Island

Who can forget Dallas & Knots Landing.....:001_tt2:

Earliest movie I remember seeing was Star Wars in 1977.

I still remember the first TV that Dad brought home. It was a 13 inch black and white Philco portable. He set it up on one of the chrome legged chairs and I was fascinated with it. So much so that I knocked it off the chair. The second time that I did that, he got wise and located it on a higher surface that this toddler couldn't reach. We had that TV for at least a decade, with some of my first shows being Ed Sullivan, the Mickey Mouse Club, Leave it to Beaver, and that one where that sheriff had an airplane that he flew everywhere. And of course, Saturday morning cartoons.

Folks were big on westerns: Bonanza, the Virginian, High Chapparel.

The Big Valley, The Rifleman, Branded, Wagon Train, Cheyenne
Petticoat Junction, F Troop,

Early British drama:

Danger Man (With Patrick McGoohan before he was in "The Prisoner")
No Hiding Place
Dixon of Dock Green
The Avengers
Z Cars
Emergency Ward 10
The Power Game

More American series:

The Man From Uncle
Burke's Law
The Fugitive
Get Smart

'59

Jetsons
Huckleberry Hound
Rocky & Bowinkle
Beanie & Cecil
Adams Family
Munsters
The Thunderbirds (maybe that was a bit later?)
My Mother the Car (ouch)
Flintstones
Car 54
Alfred Hitchcock Presents
Fractured Fairytales
Romper Room

Ahhhh, the good ole days...

Born 1951. My earliest TV memory is possibly Mighty Mouse, but if I thought about it longer, I might come up with something else.

Tim

Ah, the Bugaloos! I had the hots for Joy, the girl, at that confusing age when you first like girls but don't know why yet.

Mick mentioned the little white dot in the center of the screen when you turned your set off. I asked my older sister what it meant and she said it means "go to bed."

I believed her.

Don

The news around the Vietnam War. I remember not understanding MIA and KIA. I really got confused with guerillas.

Me too, I had really hidden that memory of war coverage. I read an article that stated we were the first generation to grow up having war broadcast into our homes and it has impacted us in some serious ways. I'll have to see if I can remember where I read that.

I also vividly remember the moon landing in 1969.

1961; I too vividly remember the war coverage every night. Family oversees at that time. The big Westerns Virginian, Bonanza, High Chaperral. When Hee-Haw came on then the folks watched it. And on Sunday Walt Disney. Yes TV wasn't as important in our lives back then, Thanks for reminding me of the time that I will never get back, wasted while watching drivel on the boob tube, later on in my life.Out in the sticks were I was raised we only got 3 channels, and the reception was iffy at best, plus my parents didn't let us watch it until after dark. Haha, try that now. I spend my free time now reading Badger and Blade and occasionaly posting.

Top Bottom