What's new

not for the faint of heart

i just finished a quickie shave with my vest pocket knock off.all i used is cold water.no soap.no hot water,the blade has 2 prior shaves on it.(a gillette super thin).the result was a dfs.i dont think ill give up soaps,but i sometimes used to do this with a cart.all in all not a bad experince,a little extra burn and a weeper on my chin.just wanted to share this with yall.you can shave with the bare minimum if need be.

i just finished a quickie shave with my vest pocket knock off.all i used is cold water.no soap.no hot water,the blade has 2 prior shaves on it.(a gillette super thin).the result was a dfs.i dont think ill give up soaps,but i sometimes used to do this with a cart.all in all not a bad experince,a little extra burn and a weeper on my chin.just wanted to share this with yall.you can shave with the bare minimum if need be.

Well, yeah, I could shave my face with my santoku, if I really had to. But why would anyone need to do something like this if they hadn't just escaped from prison?

I've used a bit of water on a rough spot for a touchup, but I don't think I'd want to do it for the whole face.

More power to you if it works out.

Well, yeah, I could shave my face with my santoku, if I really had to. But why would anyone need to do something like this if they hadn't just escaped from prison?

True that. We could all technically shave with small, fruit knives if we wanted, as they'd do the job, but why would you? I have a very nice safety razor that makes sure my shave is smooth and comfortable.

Top Bottom