What's new

Promotion or Evolution?

Gentlemen,

I notice that I have been promoted to “Member” from “Junior Member” and that has me wondering, exactly how does one move up the ranks here at B&B? Is it some sort of reward/promotion system based on number of posts or some sort of evolutionary process whereby after some amount of time (presumably random?) our membership-status mutates and we evolve through the ranks?

Good question--I noticed that I went from Junior member, to Member to Senior member, and am pretty sure its tied to # of posts.

I just got promoted to associate professor and am just as happy with my B&B promotion!:biggrin:

mrob said:
...I just got promoted to associate professor and am just as happy with my B&B promotion!:biggrin:

Congratulations on both promotions! May I ask what you are an associate professor of?

NMMB said:
Gentlemen,

I notice that I have been promoted to “Member” from “Junior Member” and that has me wondering, exactly how does one move up the ranks here at B&B? Is it some sort of reward/promotion system based on number of posts or some sort of evolutionary process whereby after some amount of time (presumably random?) our membership-status mutates and we evolve through the ranks?

I think you'll find it's linked directly to the number of posts you have made. Congratulations on moving through the ranks!

It is tied to post numbers.

Keep your eyes peeled in the upcoming weeks as there could be a change in the works (how's that for a teaser?).:wink:

Kyle said:
It is tied to post numbers.

Keep your eyes peeled in the upcoming weeks as there could be a change in the works (how's that for a teaser?).:wink:

No fair Kyle, I hate secrets, let me in the club, pleeeeeeeeeeeeease!:biggrin:

woodbane said:
I think you'll find it's linked directly to the number of posts you have made. Congratulations on moving through the ranks!

So,

If I continue to make many un-important posts I will eventually end up as the "King of the world"? Interesting...

Seriously though, if the ranks are as such, what are the milestone numbers? When do I make the next step up?

Mitch,

Music education, eh? Interesting, SWMBO is a music teacher, as are most of our friends (all in the public education systems). On the other hand, I am a PhD student (Economics) with less musical aptitude than an average clam.

NMMB said:
So,

If I continue to make many un-important posts I will eventually end up as the "King of the world"? Interesting...

Seriously though, if the ranks are as such, what are the milestone numbers? When do I make the next step up?

Interesting system eh?

Well I'm sure it can't be as bad as the initiation ceremony for the new players on my University Rugby squad............just don't ask...........:eek:

NMMB said:
So, if I continue to make many un-important posts I will eventually end up as the "King of the world"? Interesting...

In an ironic coincidence, this is also exactly how I got tenure--by producing many unimportant publications. :blushing:

NMMB said:
Mitch,

Music education, eh? Interesting, SWMBO is a music teacher, as are most of our friends (all in the public education systems). On the other hand, I am a PhD student (Economics) with less musical aptitude than an average clam.

Its a small world after all, eh? :tongue: Where does your wife teach and what? I taught high school band for 10 years in upstate NY before moving "down" to college teaching.

NMMB said:

Some day soon, two men will visit you. They will have a "small box" with the name and address of a "friend of ours". You will take this package to the address and wait there until you see him leaving the building, then.....:a33:

After this small favor, the boss will look favorably upon your continued promotion within the family.

Keep your mouth shut and never go against the family.... :a33: :a44:

mrob said:
Its a small world after all, eh? :tongue: Where does your wife teach and what? I taught high school band for 10 years in upstate NY before moving "down" to college teaching.

Mitch,

Well, since moving to Ontario about 9 months ago my ex ante wife (we are actually going to be married this summer - hence I am on the road for 4 - 6 weeks, as I mentioned in another thread) has been a supply/substitute teacher (at the elementary level). However, when we lived in Nova Soctia she was a elementary-level music teacher (classroom, choral and band). She has also been involved with Orff and Kodai (please forgive spelling errors as I am just not up-to-scratch on music-education method/philosophy)

As for the rest of you,

With all the wise-assed remarks of passwords, rings, knives, and possibly being a hitman... well, somebody had best be sending me some cool swag if I must go through such an initiation. Really though, since nobody has given a straight answer about the milestone numbers to be "promoted", well, I'll have to assume that you don't know. Perhaps one of the wiser and more in-the-loop members will let us know...

Top Bottom