What's new

Promotion or Evolution?

Kyle said:
It is tied to post numbers.

Keep your eyes peeled in the upcoming weeks as there could be a change in the works (how's that for a teaser?).:wink:

Now, to wake the sleeping giant that is the "Promotion or Evolution" Thread (not that it is actually a giant by any measure)... I just noticed that the names of the ranks have changed and I am wondering if we can get some info about this new system. BTW, if this was recently posted and I've missed it I ask your forgiveness - I'm a little slow (at least partly due to the recent heat/humidity)

I'm not sure if I was promoted or demoted but I went from Jr member to member to whisker whacker to a 1st ltnt all in 12 hours .........whats next?
:w00t:
Jim

Goosemeplease said:
I'm not sure if I was promoted or demoted but I went from Jr member to member to whisker whacker to a 1st ltnt all in 12 hours .........whats next?

Keep posting and you'll find out!

mrob said:
In an ironic coincidence, this is also exactly how I got tenure--by producing many unimportant publications. :blushing:

Even more ironically, this is exactly how I graduated -- by having to read many unimportant publications!

Just joshing with you. :001_smile

(But I really did read them.... I just can't remember what they were. :blush: )

-joedy

Goosemeplease said:
Jim

Maybe it will be WhiskerS Wacker?

I always enjoying getting more than one whisker when I shave. :001_rolle

-joedy

Joedy said:
Even more ironically, this is exactly how I graduated -- by having to read many unimportant publications!

Just joshing with you. :001_smile

(But I really did read them.... I just can't remember what they were. :blush: )

-joedy

Joedy, don't feel bad... I'm sure that some of the writers of those papers have also forgotten them (and some are TRYING to forget what they have written in the past - these are the people who were wrong :001_smile ).

Really though, I would like to know how the ranks go... know the different names and the number at which you have these names thrust upon you. If you happen to know, please share the info. Thanks.

letterk said:
I'm not sure I now could understand some of the papers I published while in grad school.

I know what you mean. I recently looked at one of my papers from about 2.5 years ago and was a little lost... it took me a while to research how to perform the analysis correctly (to re-learn it, that is)... The paper had to be reviewed because it was being presented (in a slightly updated version) by my co-author... I'm glad he was doing the presentation rather than me; he had the advantage of having an extra couple of years to work on in and keep it fresh in his mind.

Goosemeplease said:
ReMember!:w00t:

Jim

Jim,

That is the old system under which I think you would be "member" (or perhaps "Jr. Member") rather than "First Lieutenant of Free Samples"...

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
NMMB said:
So,

If I continue to make many un-important posts I will eventually end up as the "King of the world"?

Not until Ron abdicates his throne.:lol:

NMMB said:
Really though, I would like to know how the ranks go... know the different names and the number at which you have these names thrust upon you. If you happen to know, please share the info. Thanks.

letterk said:
Keep posting and you'll find out!

:wink:

NMMB said:
Jim,

That is the old system under which I think you would be "member" (or perhaps "Jr. Member") rather than "First Lieutenant of Free Samples"...
Looks like you were promoted to Noble Chairman of the Bathroom from Foreman of the Bucking Badger Something or Other... Let me be the first to congratulate you on this well deserved promotion.:lol:

I'm glad to see that several of you gents are enjoying (or at least being mildly entertained) by the new user title system.

To keep things exciting, the answer to your questions could lie in your next post...

By the by,

Those user titles and the new links page (and many other cool things yet to come) are compliments of your friendly B&B Development Team.

-Nick

guenron said:
Looks like you were promoted to Noble Chairman of the Bathroom from Foreman of the Bucking Badger Something or Other... Let me be the first to congratulate you on this well deserved promotion.:lol:

Cool... more letters... NMMB, BSc, BA, MA, C.O.B. :001_smile :001_smile

Top Bottom