What's new

Acquisitions for April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold Krona did come in the '77 Bicentennial set.

There is no mention of them being gold plated from what I can surmise. They are gold colored. Whatever that means.

I have one and it's gorgeous, I have another in a set. Excellent score!!

Enjoy them! Two great shavers there!

$1920 raz.jpg

Won this not long ago, now I have 2.

cooncat bob at Bob's Razor Works just made this handle for me for my old GEM Zinn lather catcher head and replated the head. Fantastic shaver, and quite pretty in my opinion... thanks, Bob!
$cooncat SE 008.jpg
$cooncat SE 005.jpg
$cooncat SE 019.jpg

Sorry if I violated a "The Score" thread protocol when I posted on a new thread. Then I saw the "Acquisitions for April 2012" thread.

I just scored on a vintage Gillette men's vanity set. I have been looking for something with more than the micro handle Travel Tech and wanted a kit with a mirror, etc. Can anyone tell me what style and period Tech this set has or any other history on where they made these? Perhaps someone in the UK can identify? What would that thin brush be used for? Any insights would be appreciated! Thanks.

Any ideas/comments on this?

Lunawerk Slant.

Whole head dismantles.
Looks so much nicer in person. So minty......
I can't wait to give it a spin on a different handle. :adoration:

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqNHJEoE88d-jP6PBP,)UO6pNw~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqNHJEoE88d-jP6PBP,)UO6pNw~~60_57.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 405
  • $$(KGrHqVHJDcE9!T+Rz0RBP,)TWK,5g~~60_57.jpg
    $$(KGrHqVHJDcE9!T+Rz0RBP,)TWK,5g~~60_57.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 405

Legion

Staff member
I just got a few things in the mail, including this cute looking shaving mug. But the thing I wanted most in the lot was the 1940's vintage Australian Palmolive stick. This is my second one, and they are about the best lathering soap I have ever used. Extra tallowy goodness.

proxy.php

Picked these up last week. The New had most the plating gone on the head, so I went ahead and polished it and the handle end up. Been wanting to do that to one for a while now. The other is a gold Krona. Only thing I can find about these is that they came in a commemorative set?

proxy.php

Nice job on the polish. That Gold Krona looks awesome. vae to keep a look out for one to break up the chrome monotony in the den.

Another slant.....

The world looks diagonal when you have a slanted view.

(seller's pictures)

Anyone know how old these are? I think I got one of three or four that looked similar.

Attachments

• $IMG_3591.JPG
    $IMG_3591.JPG
    92 KB · Views: 304
  • $IMG_3594.JPG
    $IMG_3594.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 306
I just won my first Fatboy on the bay!
I'll try the Fatboy out against my Slim and determine which one of the two adjustables will stay in my den, and I'll sell the other. Also I'll probably throw my Merkur HD into a starter kit with some RazoRock Cacao

so i finally found it in stock and had money for it and my wait was finally put to an end today!
$Image0171.jpg

i finally got my gold slant! :biggrin1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom