What's new

Acquisitions for April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Rocket, three Flare Tips, a Ball-End Tech, a Gem Push Button, a pink Lady, some old brush, and a Turk Old Spice mug with the never-used soap in it for $12.75. Long day today, before and after pics to follow.

Some treats for me and some for my blades.
I got the Floids and the Trumpers Sandalwood. Told my wife the blue was discontinued and she said to buy more or I'd regret it. So I did. More bottles on the way.
My blades got 25 ea. of 5 um and 1um lapping films. Should have some razors early next week.

Attachments

• $IMG_1471.jpg
    $IMG_1471.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 475
It has been quite awhile since something has caught my eye but this afternoon I found a nearly full bottle of Old Spice Fresh. The juice is still good. That was an easy $4 sale.

Well I thought I'd have a dozen or so coming in until I got a call today from a friend. Picked up 41 straights and two DE's plus an assortment of other stuff.
The Ronson is a very clever piece with a blade sharpener built right in. You unscrew the handle, the head pops up and rotates so each edge of a DE blade can be honed.
The razors are as follows.
Row 1. Larkin, Lauton & Son, Torrey, Torrey, Torrey with Gimbel's brothers on the scales, Geo. Wostenholm, Henkels, Real, ( Germ) Tonsorial Gem, The Artist ( Germ)

Row 2. MFG in Eng.spec for H.L.G. co. , Geneva, Tower Brand, Heilman & Stein, Erik Anton frameback Sweden, C.W. Dahlgren frameback Sweden, T. Hessenbruch, Blue Steel Brandt Co. Ger. , J Scott Hand forged, Sextoblade trade sample not for sale,
Row 3 Lewis, Columbus by Kraut & Dohnal, Jupiter Pacific Bs co. , Comfort Freida Baurman & Sohn. , Bowdins Wedge, Genco, Boker X-tra Hollow, Boker Unrivaled, Classic,
Jos. Elliot Rangoon,
Row 4 Goshen Cutlery, Shumates Barber, Geo. Wostenholm IXL 15/16, Jos. Elliot 13/16 Chinese razor, F Reynolds 15/16, Imperial for Margreaves 7/8, Curtin & Clark, W&B Gentlemans Razor #2, W&B 4" razor , mini corn razor.

Attachments

• $IMG_1494.JPG
    $IMG_1494.JPG
    131.3 KB · Views: 399
  • $IMG_1500.jpg
    $IMG_1500.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 397
  • $IMG_1498.jpg
    $IMG_1498.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 400
  • $IMG_1521.jpg
    $IMG_1521.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 398
  • $IMG_1526.jpg
    $IMG_1526.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 397
A flea market trip today got me:

A Gem Contour (I'm pretty sure, could be a II, but it is soaking)
An Old Spice Mug
ANd an Ever-Ready Black Max in the box
$5

2 used Ever-Ready brushes @ $1 each

An Old Type, almost all brass, but NO CRACK
$3

A Krona
A Black Beauty
And a Slim Adjustable
$6 from what may have been a tweaker who told me to check back next week.

Last edited:
$sterilizer.jpg

I picked this sterilizer at a local antique store yesterday. It has 2 glass shelves on the inside that, as you can see, works great for storage of a lot of my toys.

A flea market trip today got me:

A Gem Contour (I'm pretty sure, could be a II, but it is soaking)
An Old Spice Mug
ANd an Ever-Ready Black Max in the box
$5

2 used Ever-Ready brushes @ $1 each

An Old Type, almost all brass, but NO CRACK
$3

A Krona
A Black Beauty
And a Slim Adjustable
$6 from what may have been a tweaker who told me to check back next week.

Nevermind, found the crack in the Old Type.

Went out into the wild today and got 6 razors!

E-2 Fat Boy with case
P-1 Lady Gillette
L-3 Flair Tip Super Speed
Canadian Tech Khaki set
M-2 Travel Tech
K-4 Travel Tech with case

I think I did pretty well.

proxy.php

All of this was in the mail when I got home yesterday afternoon.

Butterscotch 28mm x 54 TGN 2 band (RV), 6/8 Carl Schlieper High Class from the Bay and a practically new DRH Marlborough (thanks BrandonPK) love it!

Made coming home all the more Sweet!

Jon

Attachments

• $IMAG0364.jpg
    $IMAG0364.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 324
So far (only half-way through April right?), 2 Gillette New OCs (long & short) that are pictured below, and an Ever Ready 100 red/white that I'll be putting a 22mm 2-band Finest from TGN into this week. Gotta say, I think I love OCs.
$open combs.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom