What's new

Acquisitions for April 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found not one, but a pair of Ziglar open comb slants today! Woot! Am I finally cool enough to be part of the Brotherhood now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just scored an unopened 50ml Frederic Malle Portrait of a Lady for $150 from the 'bay. Total blind buy, but my ol lady has been wanting to smell like roses and always mentions how much she loves the smell of them, and Malle sounds like he produces the good stuff. Pretty stoked.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Out antiquing for the first time in a longggggggg time today.... managed to score a couple of iconic straights! A nice 5/8 J.A. Henckels Twinworks FRIODUR #451 and a 5/8 CMON "Blackie" Carl Monkhouse Ellicottville, NY.

$DSC03081.jpg

Just picked up the Muhle shaving set from the post office today. I intended to keep it pristine to take to the house in France but I may weaken and have to try the brush...

3 tubes of GFT cream and a Sandalwood Skin Food, a bowl of DRH Arlington and a sample of Marlborough cream.

Damn this AD.

Cased Gem Damaskeene from Gem Cutlery Co. Also has two Damaskeene blades, blade holder and the two piece stropper. The blades also say "new Process 1915" on the spine. It's all in awesome condition.

Vintage Williams soap puck

Brass rocker blotter

Three carbon steel kitchen knives. Two unknown brands, one is Forgecraft Hi-Carbon

View attachment 239883

Just picked up the Muhle shaving set from the post office today. I intended to keep it pristine to take to the house in France but I may weaken and have to try the brush...

3 tubes of GFT cream and a Sandalwood Skin Food, a bowl of DRH Arlington and a sample of Marlborough cream.

Damn this AD.

What is that tiny brush on a rope in the picture?

Out antiquing for the first time in a longggggggg time today.... managed to score a couple of iconic straights! A nice 5/8 J.A. Henckels Twinworks FRIODUR #451 and a 5/8 CMON "Blackie" Carl Monkhouse Ellicottville, NY.

Nice Mike! Two great ones for sure. As you know, this is how it starts....the pile will be growing again in no time.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Nice Mike! Two great ones for sure. As you know, this is how it starts....the pile will be growing again in no time.

I'm very weak. I have a history of this. I actually passed on a couple others that in the past would have found their way back into my home. A nice 6/8 Geneva Cutlery "Pyramid" didn't make the trip as well as a blued tang Barber Supply Company 5/8 Spike that looked tasty. I really showed great self control huh? LOL!

Just threw in the towel this month

Shave Soap
*GFT Oxford Blue

Razor

* Schick Krona

After Shave

*Captain's Choice Bay Rum
*Myrsol Formula K
*Pitralon Classic

It's technically May, but who's counting
Got these today. Stanley, Fuller,Sterilized and an unknown ( unknotted) butterscotch and a nylon Made rite. A Listerine porcelain blade bank, an Auto Strop ( don't I have enough of these yet?, but not in a silver box) another Decollette, and 5 razors,
One unknown but stamped 1914, Laudy's 1125, Wm. Elliot 55n, F. Eisele #31 with "Fur Harten Bart und Zarte Haut" ( for tough beard and tender skin) on the blade and a Wiss.

The box is an orig. W&B large enough to hold my 9/8 blade.

Attachments

• $IMG_1657.jpg
    $IMG_1657.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 144
Glad to see you picked up a few new razors Mark. I was just thinking your collection was getting a bit slim.

Glad to see you picked up a few new razors Mark. I was just thinking your collection was getting a bit slim.

Truth be told, there is one missing from this shot. I only buy them in multiples of 6. Still shooting for the 365. With my system I think I'll round it to 366,, a leap year.

I was given the worlds ugliest razor on 4/27/12. The Yuma razor has its own thread under the Safety Razor sub-forum. It has the same finish as the toolkit that came with my 1973 Honda motorcycle, back when Japanese stuff was considered cheap for good reason. I can't say that I prefer it to my vintage Gillettes, but it has to be the cheapest good shaving razor out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom