What's new

Nordic RazorCon 2012, in Oslo Norway

Guys.

Birnando (Bjørnar) and I have been talking about throwing together a Nordic meetup here in Oslo.
We have already had three or four locally, and with this one we wanted to reach a larger group.

What we had in mind for this RazorCon Oslo, was to cover subjects such as some resto-work, scale-making and fiting, Honing on various systems, stropping and whatever else you guys would like to see demonstrated or needs help with.

The location is pretty much set, and it will comfortably hold any and all that wants to attend.
We will have the place entirely to ourselves, so we can stay as long as we want, and do pretty much anything that tickles our fancy.
The price for this? Absolutely free!

We were thinking that the end of June or mid August would be possibly good dates for it.

Please chime in here in this thread or via PM to Birnando or me if you are at all interested, and what dates would be good for you.

Any and all wet-shavers are welcome, no this or that forum on this one
proxy.php

For those coming in to Oslo from a far, we have some plans for housing at least 8 or 10 of you (at no charge), so don't let distance stop you from attending!

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
I think this is a fantastic idea! Please take photographs of this event.... I would LOVE to come to Norway and attend!

Hmmmm, the wife and kids will be in Barbados after all. Why not... oh yeah, cuz I made the wife skip Norway last time (long story), and she'll kill me if I go without her lol... arg!!

Great Idea! Hope its a great turn-out and an even better time!

What a SWEET idea!

Hopefully I can make it in August.
Only downside is that I always feel so poor when I go to Norway :biggrin:

They could have knocked me over with a feather :biggrin:

Lol, the razor meetings we've had so far have been really fun.
The most memorable moment from the last one was when Birnando handed me a Machete, well it sure looked like one in it's sleeve, then I realized it was a Mastro Livi Snake. :smile:

The most memorable moment from the last one was when Birnando handed me a Machete, well it sure looked like one in it's sleeve, then I realized it was a Mastro Livi Snake. :smile:
Perhaps this year it's time for a real machete shave :w00t:

And here I was thinking it was the Piaf duet with Sten;)

And here I was thinking it was the Piaf duet with Sten;)

That certenly was one of the highlights :)

A little teaser: A short video and a couple pics from the last meetup. Straights, stones, beer, Edit Piaf and good company, can it be any better?

Let's make the next one bigger and maybe even better!

proxy.php

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like a serious amount of fun was had. I am definitely planning on attending, but I might not be, it all depends on where I am in the world, as my wife and I are planning on travelling a bit this fall.

The date is now set, we're gathering up Saturday the 18th of August.

We hope as many as possible can find the time to join in on what hopefully will be the shaving event of the year in Scandinavia!

Chime in here, or by PM if you're attending, and I will update the thread with a list of participants as people sign up.

Norway's biggest vendor of shaving supplies, Barbershop.no is joining us at the RazorCon $happy096.gif

The details are not quite set yet, but they will bring some stuff for prizes/giveaways and possibly some for sale.

We have also set up an e-mail dedicated to the convention where you can chime in with ideas or whatever question you might have: [email protected]

Norway's biggest vendor of shaving supplies, Barbershop.no is joining us at the RazorCon View attachment 246324

The details are not quite set yet, but they will bring some stuff for prizes/giveaways and possibly some for sale.

We have also set up an e-mail dedicated to the convention where you can chime in with ideas or whatever question you might have: [email protected]

Great to see that this is happening! Also, Barbershop.no is by far the most interesting "shaving" shop in Scandinavia. The swedish ones are not even close..

Latest news: Another vendor have agreed to send some items for us to give away at the RazorCon, a huge thanks to Chris and shaving.ie $thumbsup.gif

It looks likes this is going to be quite bigger than first expected, quite a few people have signed up, both from the different forums and also some new guys who have heard about the event :001_smile

Top Bottom