What's new

Formula 1 anyone? (spoilers)

Any F1 fans out there care to discuss the results this weekend? The possible appeal by McLaren?

I have been a Raikkonen fan for years now, so I am happy about the result. Still, I would have liked to see KR win more outright, as opposed to on LH mistakes. According to PitPass, LH hit the wrong button on his steering wheel causing everything to reset.

opinions?

That was a very exciting result. Kimi being in third place to start the race and then to win the championship by 1 point was amazing! He has been one of the best but unluckiest drivers over the past few seasons. To have everything work out for him is great and nobody deserves it more than him!

Agreed. I would hate to see the WDC decided in the courtrooms. KR won the most races. Let him win the title.

Even Alonso agreed saying Kimi won 7 races while he and Hamilton won 4 each.

I know F1 'took' the constructors title from MM in court but it would seem the fates or whatever got them in the drivers championship as well. :001_tt2:

That was a great race. I did not expect Ferrari to win both drivers & constructors championships. Did Lewis Hamilton hit the wrong buttons on his steering wheel, resetting the mapping, or did he knock something lose when he went into the gravel trap? That's what I would like to know.

Let's see what happens to Alonso in the off season. (will he return to Renault?)

BMW might be a front runner next year, who would have thought of that, or Honda F1 doing so poorly this year.

I can't wait until March!!!

That was a great race. I did not expect Ferrari to win both drivers & constructors championships. Did Lewis Hamilton hit the wrong buttons on his steering wheel, resetting the mapping, or did he knock something lose when he went into the gravel trap? That's what I would like to know.

Let's see what happens to Alonso in the off season. (will he return to Renault?)

BMW might be a front runner next year, who would have thought of that, or Honda F1 doing so poorly this year.

http://f1.gpupdate.net/en/news/2007/10/23/hamilton-s-own-error-cost-him-the-title/

Honda underachieving was not too shocking to me. BWM was great though. I cant wait till next year, although I think the lack of Traction Control may again reduce passing opportunities. Also, I hate that they are changing the final qualifying session. IT is the most exciting 15 minutes in car racing in my opinion.

The Hondas got alot better at the end of the season and I expect them to be much improved next season. While they won't be fighting for the constructor title it would be good for the sport to see Jensen and Reubens at least grab a pole or two and win a race.

I dont know if the Honda's got better or just lucky due to bad weather. They stopped development on their 2007 car about a month ago if I remember properly. When there is bad weather, bad car design does not matter as much.

I hope there is a tight race for the constructors championship next year, with more than 2 teams on pole. I cant wait!

I hope there is a tight race for the constructors championship next year, with more than 2 teams on pole. I cant wait!

I agree! Even this years competition was not that interesting until later in the season and it was only McLaren's in-team fighting that added most of the drama up to the end.

Top Bottom