What's new

Get Your Newbie Starter Kit Here - 2 Kits to Give Away!

Due to a general lack of interest from the folks up north, the two remaining Canadian noob prizes will be added to these starter kits. Sorry folks!

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW Scruffy! What awesome PIF's! Any new person that qualifies as an entry should consider them lucky as this is some great stuff.

Quick Check in:

I started wetshaving a few months ago.
I was helping a long time friend with a project (lodge catechism). During our discussions we had wandered into shaving and I mentioned I was interested in learning more about it (beyond canned foam/ shower shaving with a Mach 3). As a thank you for my assistance he turned a shaving stand from Mango wood for me, including mango handled badger brush and Mach3 handle.
I started with William's soap (what there is at the local CVS/Long's). That was not great soap, but it was more fun. I had mentioned my excitement and fun to a mutual friend and for Christmas he passed me a puck of Col. Conk's almond soap... Now I was hooked!
Realizing that there was much more too it I started cruising the internet for more... Mantic59 on YouTube, BandB.com, and more...
Now I shave with a Gilette Gold Tech on my face (mango M3 for my head) and am in the process of trying various blades, lotions and potions to find the best experience. (I have purchased other razors, but want to become profiecient in one before I transition to other varieties.)
I am also considering straight razor shaving - something my brother is also interested in (whom I recently purchased an AOS intro kit).

I also enjoy penning my thoughts, preferably with a good nib, and have several hand made pens from a local artisan.
Peacetime veteran of the USMC.
South shore surfer (Oahu).
Working on early retirement!

FYI: The thread mentioned in the item #3 of the items to complete for the giveaway is blocked unless you have 50 posts AND have been a member for 45 days (see error code below - no emphasis added)... that does make it rather difficult for a newebie! I posted my info in THIS thread. Let me know if there is somewhere else I should post it.

Error Code said:
Tescot, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. You must have 50 posts, and have been a member for 45 days to post in either the Buy/Sell/Trade or Review Sections. If you meet these requirements and are still unable to post, try logging out and logging back in again.
  2. If you've just registered your account, you might not have activated it. Check your email for the activation link. You must click this to activate your account and begin posting.
  3. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  4. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

We have a great starter kit to give away for the new wetshaver. Included in the kit are;

1) Cased NDC Gillette SS Razor and blade packs
2) C&E BBB Shaving Brush
3) Tube of Palmolive Shave Cream
4) Tube of Arko Shave Cream
5) Refill puck of Trumpers Rose
6) Arko Shave Stick

We will give these goodies away to a lucky member drawn at random who:

1) Joined B&B an March 1, 2012 or later
2) Makes a contribution to B&B at the copper ($20) level or higher
3) Posts an entry in this thread for the fundraiser contest

Go here to learn more about the I Lurvz My B&B Fundraiser

We need more noobs!

Pics

(This prize has been donated to the cause by our own beginish)

Top Bottom