What's new

Nib Acquisitions April 2012

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Pranks, Easter, Passover, taxes, and more pens ... now let's see 'em!

Nothing, major, just some Private Reserve Burgundy Mist - I've been looking for a dark burgundy ink that can work in business situations and this one seems to fit the bill.

I'm also really liking the Private Reserve inks generally - very good value and I think they are very well behaved in most of the pens I've used them in.

I just snagged a NOS Parker 51 from an antique store for $5!

Wow!!!

I went into every small town antique/junk store over a 250 mile trip so far today and only found 4 Esterbrooks, all which were very overpriced. Pretty disappointing. Hoping to have some time to hit one more spot this week that has about 6 stores all clustered together.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Bexley 802 in Broad Nib TuTone Steel .. Benevolent Badger Blue for the maiden voyage

, $IMG_5887.JPG

I just snagged a NOS Parker 51 from an antique store for $5!

lucky dawg award for the weekend....i found nothing....except a yard stick....

Could be (especially without pics) that he's pulling our leg. Posted April 1st!

I want to see that one Lou !!!!! Probably a 616

Nemo is right! It was an April Fool's joke. Brian, we all know $5 is way too much for a Hero 616.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Lamy Studio w/medium nib, filled it with Baystate Blue

Attachments

• $rsz_lamy_studio.jpg
    $rsz_lamy_studio.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 174
Lamy Studio w/medium nib, filled it with Baystate Blue

Yep, I have that pen with the EF nib, you will love it! I love it, the size, weight, the color (my god the blue is sweet isn't it?).

On a side note, I picked up the TWSBI Micarta and am "patiently" waiting for it to arrive.

Got kinda screwed, unfortunately. The seller, a guy on FPN, shipped it in an envelope with a single layer of already popped bubble wrap. Not my day, guys. :nonod:

$A88 (1).jpg$A88 (2).jpg

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Vlad, is that a dent or scratches? Nib looks like a nice oblique. Did you try it or is it going back?

Bummer, some folks don't get it when it comes to shipping things.

Vlad, is that a dent or scratches? Nib looks like a nice oblique. Did you try it or is it going back?

Bummer, some folks don't get it when it comes to shipping things.

It's not an oblique, it's a bent nib tine. I don't know what to do. He offered a 10% refund, which I think is rediculous. There is a slight dent, but it's mainly scratches.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Wow, I finally got something -- a Pelikan 100, about 1939-1940 (smooth celluloid knob) and a dried up bottle of iron-gall ink crumbs from the 50s. Good deal, too.

Surprisingly, when the pen showed up from Germany I figured it would need a restoration but even though it works OK there are some little issues. Really nice flexible and quite stubbish broad steel wartime CN nib.

proxy.php

Top Bottom