What's new

Shave Jelly - I'm a convert for life

This is just shaving gel -canned goo in a tub except you don't have to squirt it. I'll pass but hey if it works for you, good.
Incorrect. This is not gel or canned goo in a tub, so you've obviously never used this product. It's similar, but not identical.

Last edited:
I was telling a friend of mine about this and she immediately said "Oh yeah, like Coochy Crème. I use it all the time for my legs." Apparently they are very similar products. Who knew?

After looking into this more I see a lot of similariries between shave jelly and zirh.

A while ago I thought about buying thier heavy beard formula but its too steep for my tastes (22 bucks). The shave jelly I see on etsy can be had for 8 so it would be interesting to compare the two

I have to say, this stuff is awesome. I get a smooth, easy shave and my face has never felt better: no razor burn or bumps and my skin is soft afterward. It's not as much fun as a brush and soap or creme, but it is very effective.

I'm more into the shave peanut butter--but it does remind me of the Noxzema brushless shave cream I used to use. That was between a cream and a gel, went on smooth and transparent and was incredibly slick.

I bought a gallon of this stuff 2-3 yrs ago...have not regretted it once. I look at it the same way I bought 300 blades. It works, it's cheap in bulk...stick with what works.
And I laugh each time I dip my hand into the gallon jug...because....it's a bloody gallon jug :)

_ it doesn't clog my Tech, the normal few swipes each side then swirl it in the sink filled with water.

_ I liked Cremo, but I don't find it similar...IMHO the jelly is a bit thicker.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
This thread made me check what has been gathering dust in my bathroom. I picked this up on a recommendation from a friend, just before finding B&B. I tried it but was not impressed but that was with carts. Guess I should take one for the team and try it again.

$20160421_191830.jpg

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I used the Shaving Gel this morning and remember why it is gathering dust.
It has good glide and the end result was a BBS shave but the application method was not for me.
Having to get your hands involved in lathering up is what I found as its weak point. Washing your hands in-between passes was a pain.

Top Bottom