What's new

Shave Jelly - I'm a convert for life

Bubblehead....I am intrigued. What does jelly feel like on your face ? Does it have an oily feel ? I have tried Kiss My Face and it feels oily but it is not since it rinses off easily , whereas petroleum jelly is definitely oily.
So does it resemble KMF ? Or perhaps a product others on this forum may have tried ?

Hey, come on, take a ride This is a jelly that ain't no jive
It's live, live, it's all the way live Don't even have to lather don't even have to brush
Just go to your shave den and slide, slide, slippity slide Just forget about your troubles and your nine to five apply the jelly and you'll feel alive!
so come on this fantastic voyage
Now the groove's so funky, hey, what do you think? What is it called? It's called Fresh Farms Organics!

Bubblehead is the captain of this thread did you read what he just said?
So come along and pack a jar in your bag get up and jam y'all!

This I'd like to try one day. Sounds intriguing.

Last edited:
funny that many would dismiss a product outright without knowing whether or not it gave them a superior shave, which, afterall, is the main goal isn't it?

Well I can honestly say that I have used similar stuff in the past (I think the first time was in the UK in the early 80s) and it works quite well...but then again, I reckon Im one of those lucky folks who can get a DFS with just plain old water and a schmear of face soap

I tried a shaving gel from Paula's Choice one time; it's primary ingredient was aloe vera. Probably a pretty similar stuff.

Before I found B&B my favorite thing to use was King of Shaves gels. I have a feeling that the stuff you're describing might be pretty similar.

Love, love, love my shaving soaps and my brush, though. I might consider something like this for travel.

Bubblehead, I think I might have found you the same formula at about half the price, and with lower shipping:

http://www.essentialwholesale.com/s.nl/sc.9/category.107164/.f
Well smack my face and call me an ***, that is the same stuff! And a much lower price to boot, and cheaper shipping. Thanks for that link. It's times like this when I love this forum.

As for how the stuff feels, it's a very clean-rinsing, non-greasy, watery goop. Not the most endearing way to describe, I know, but that's about as accurate as I can get. If that's not descriptive enough, words can only go so far. Just order some samples from the link Ulrich provided and find out for yourself.

I like the idea of using something like this for traveling. I do have to agree with many of the others in that I enjoy using a brush and the process itself, even if it turned out that the end result is the same with the jelly.

The whiskey version of the Portland General Store jelly was being sold in Canada at Chapters earlier this year. Last I saw it was in the mark-down section.

I still need to try out and get down the basics, but this is on my to-try list now. Non-traditional but the descriptions above indicate it does deliver...

Thanks,

I tried this stuff this morning and while I like the smell, it left my face extremely sticky and wasn't too slick...

$5150000696.jpg

I bought some Shave Jelly and have to say it does give one a close, smooth shave!! :thumbup1: Don't get me wrong, I'm not loosing the Cella and RazorRock, but for travel, or if you have problems with drying skin, this will definitely take care of it! Having it in the rotation is a good move. You do use more product per outing then you would a soap, but hey, it's a nice treat for your face!! :001_005:

Top Bottom