What's new

My new Kanayama strop

I have had this strop around a week now and I have to say I am really enjoying it. The second leather piece seems to really work great with all grinds and strop seems to make my 1/4 grind razors have a smoother edge.

Attachments

• $strop1.jpg
    $strop1.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 438
  • $strop2.jpg
    $strop2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 434
  • $strop3.jpg
    $strop3.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 439
  • $strop4.jpg
    $strop4.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 436
Where did you buy yours from? I know there have been problems with Kanayama recently and a lot of distributors stopped carrying them

That is a pretty sweet strop! I think you made a good choice pulling the trigger.

I have never seen the aframe site before. It looks like they carry some great stuff. I am in the market for a Toyo or Fon Golden star. Do you guys know any other websites that carry japanese razors?

I have never seen the aframe site before. It looks like they carry some great stuff. I am in the market for a Toyo or Fon Golden star. Do you guys know any other websites that carry japanese razors?

You could try out rasurpur.de they had some Toyo framebacks a little while back. Also worth posting a WTB ad.

Got my Fine Star strop in today and not a thing wrong with it. Lovely strop and the cordovan part is the same leather as my 60K, though not quite as thick. The secondary leather is very nice as well. Looking forward to putting this to use.

What is the difference between the strop offered by Rasurpur, and the one offered by aframes (aside price)?

Rasurpur's come with linen as the 2nd component. Aframes with a coarser leather. They both have the same cordovan leather, but may differ in thickness of that piece.

ive got the kanayama 50k and this from aframestokyo.com and both are fantastic strops. the cordovan is the same. the 50k is a bit thicker. the second leather is cool i prefer this over the linen.

Got my Fine Star strop in today and not a thing wrong with it. Lovely strop and the cordovan part is the same leather as my 60K, though not quite as thick. The secondary leather is very nice as well. Looking forward to putting this to use.

Rasurpur's come with linen as the 2nd component. Aframes with a coarser leather. They both have the same cordovan leather, but may differ in thickness of that piece.

Thanks for that Joe.

Top Bottom