What's new

Suggestions for a neophyte whisk(e)y drinker

[/I]

:ohmy:
GASP
Send it to me and I'll swap you a bottle of Kessler for it :thumbup: :lol:

I'd almost take you up on it, but I pulled it outta the cupboard last night, and there's actually more than half gone. :blushing: I guess I liked it more than I care to admit. Still, I'm going back to Booker's Reserve after the KC is gone.

The only advice I would add to the preceding posts is: Yes, sip, sip, sip. Don't gulp the stuff. Go to a bar and sample a brand--when you find one you like, grab a bottle. Since you are going savor the stuff, don't be afraid of a slightly pricier product. Cheers!

I didn't care much for Woodford Reserve (but I wouldn't spit it out, either). I like Maker's and am a big fan of Knob Creek (this stuff if like liquid candy). I'm trying Buffalo Trace this weekend when my little brother visits.

Personally I drink Irish Whiskey and my favorite brand is one I discovered in a very old Irish Pub in Annapolis, Md. It is called Red Breast Irish Whiskey...it is so smooth and since we tried it we have been hooked!

Personally I drink Irish Whiskey and my favorite brand is one I discovered in a very old Irish Pub in Annapolis, Md. It is called Red Breast Irish Whiskey...it is so smooth and since we tried it we have been hooked!

I'm not a fan of Irish whiskey, but there is something when you drink it in a traditional Irish Pub it gets better. What is that? :biggrin:

Top Bottom