What's new

They Have Arrived: Weber ARC Finish Razor and Weber Bulldog Handle

Pictured first is the Weber Bulldog Handle on my EJ DE 89 razor head. The second picture is my Weber ARC finish razor. I may use the Bulldog Handle on the ARC razor head.

Attachments

• $DSC01028.jpg
    $DSC01028.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 918
  • $DSC01027.jpg
    $DSC01027.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 907
Wow they look awesome, is that the EJ89 head on the Bulldog? Also did you get them from Webber? I only see there Silver and black head set, which im not to fond of unless its either all silver or all black :eek:)

Wow they look awesome, is that the EJ89 head on the Bulldog? Also did you get them from Webber? I only see there Silver and black head set, which im not to fond of unless its either all silver or all black :eek:)

I already had the EJDE 89 with plain chrome handle. I ordered the Bulldog handle separately from Weber.

The Weber Black (DLC coating) head comes with either the SS bulldog handle or their classic longer SS handle. From my understanding, they are having some difficulty adhering the black DLC coating to their longer classic SS handle.

The Arc coated razor head comes with the classic (longer) arc coated razor handle and is not available with the bulldog handle. I'm glad I bought the bulldog handle, I may use it instead of the longer arc coated handle.

Last edited:
Looks good - I like my Weber (classic) as well.

I think the EJDE89 is an under appreciated head. With a feather and a Bull Mastiff handle, it delivers as close and smooth as you care to take it - perhaps the stock handles leave something to be desired?

Pretty awesome. I have a Bulldog handle on order from Weber right now.

What's that little dog from?

The little dog is another of my "Mendel" paraphernalia. Mendel is my 16 year old long-haired dachshund and serves as my avatar and B&B user name.

Very nice...........How heavy is it?

The Weber Bulldog handle is indeed 2.4 oz = 70 g. I weighed it on my digital postage scale. I love the feel and weight of the Bulldog handle! Couple the Weber Bulldog handle with my EJ DE 89 razor head and you get 3.4 oz = 98 g of total razor weight.

The Weber Arc razor and handle weighs 3.1 oz = 88 g. The Classic arc handle alone weighs 2.0 oz = 58 g.

I was really torn whether to get the DLC or ARC coating. Ed Weber informed me the ARC coating is a bit smoother.

Ok so here is my ? which is better ARC Coating or DLC Coating or are they about the same?

I just ordered Weber Stainless Steel Bulldog Handle and Weber 3-Piece Razor – ARC head and ARC Classic handle :eek:) But ARC doesn't mean much since it doesn't say what it is,unless its there secret coating ?

Ok so here is my ? which is better ARC Coating or DLC Coating or are they about the same?

I just ordered Weber Stainless Steel Bulldog Handle and Weber 3-Piece Razor – ARC head and ARC Classic handle :eek:) But ARC doesn't mean much since it doesn't say what it is,unless its there secret coating ?

That's true. On Weber's site, under FAQ, he basically says its a matter of finish preference but both have similar properties. In the email he sent me, Weber writes:

...The ARC is our version of the coating that is typically used on medical devices. We've started using
this on our razors because it gives a satin color option in addition to our black DLC head. Properties of ARC are similar to DLC in hardness and wear. ARC feels a little slicker on the face. Cleaning can be done with water or soap solution. The benefit of DLC and ARC is that they are much more durable than stainless steel...

The ARC (advanced razor coating) is apparently similar to the coatings used on medical instruments.
Seems to me that the way to go is to get black or silver whatever looks good to you and don't get hung up on performance.It's nice that the head of the razor's coated with a quality substance,but my humble opinion is it's probably not a significant factor in why the Webers perform so well.

(edit) Didn't see Mendel's recent post before sending this,good info.

Last edited:
The ARC (advanced razor coating) is apparently similar to the coatings used on medical instruments.
Seems to me that the way to go is to get black or silver whatever looks good to you and don't get hung up on performance.It's nice that the head of the razor's coated with a quality substance,but my humble opinion is it's probably not a significant factor in why the Webers perform so well.

(edit) Didn't see Mendel's recent post before sending this,good info.

How pleased are you with your Weber Blacktop Bulldog? I have to wait until tomorrow to shave with my Weber. I can't wait!

How pleased are you with your Weber Blacktop Bulldog? I have to wait until tomorrow to shave with my Weber. I can't wait!

Like it a lot,my nature with this stuff when there's been a lot of discussion is to be highly objective.....Please see my first impressions/review/pictures over in the large ongoing ***Weber Razor*** thread.Hope it's a winner for you !

That's true. On Weber's site, under FAQ, he basically says its a matter of finish preference but both have similar properties. In the email he sent me, Weber writes:

...The ARC is our version of the coating that is typically used on medical devices. We've started using
this on our razors because it gives a satin color option in addition to our black DLC head. Properties of ARC are similar to DLC in hardness and wear. ARC feels a little slicker on the face. Cleaning can be done with water or soap solution. The benefit of DLC and ARC is that they are much more durable than stainless steel...

Ok now i undersrand it a little more "ARC" coating. I imagine its kinda like the coating on my Feather AS D-1 its got that Grey slick coating.

I jumped on these Webber AS Razors now before the prices shoot up, I hope they dont :eek:/

Last edited:
Does weber make the Bulldog with ARC head (silver head) or does the bulldog handle come with the DLC(back head) only?

"How pleased are you with your Weber Blacktop Bulldog? I have to wait until tomorrow to shave with my Weber. I can't wait!"

I have recently posted on the combined Weber thread, but I reckon the Weber razor is excellent. The weighty feel and knurled handle gives real confidence (more than, say, an HD I reckon). The blade curvature means there is a broad sweetspot and the gap/exposure is sufficiently large to give a BBS shave with ease (3 passes and a touch up around the chin) yet sufficiently small to be comfortable. It shaves a bit like my Fatboy on 4 or 5. Loaded with a blade the black head looks really good. I sit it next to my EJ89 with a black resin handle and they make a good "opposite" pair! Personally, I wouldn't say the finish is as refined as some (the Feather AS-D1 is much better; EJ/Muhle ditto IMO) but in terms of robustness of manufacture it would be "last razor standing". Hope you enjoy it ...

"How pleased are you with your Weber Blacktop Bulldog? I have to wait until tomorrow to shave with my Weber. I can't wait!"

I have recently posted on the combined Weber thread, but I reckon the Weber razor is excellent. The weighty feel and knurled handle gives real confidence (more than, say, an HD I reckon). The blade curvature means there is a broad sweetspot and the gap/exposure is sufficiently large to give a BBS shave with ease (3 passes and a touch up around the chin) yet sufficiently small to be comfortable. It shaves a bit like my Fatboy on 4 or 5. Loaded with a blade the black head looks really good. I sit it next to my EJ89 with a black resin handle and they make a good "opposite" pair! Personally, I wouldn't say the finish is as refined as some (the Feather AS-D1 is much better; EJ/Muhle ditto IMO) but in terms of robustness of manufacture it would be "last razor standing". Hope you enjoy it ...

My Webers (arc and dlc ) are an outstanding investment.

Top Bottom