What's new

Enthusiastic Noobie saying hello!

Good Day to All!

Well, I suppose I have been wet shaving, with a DE, for a couple of months now. I am in the Navy and, therefore, have to shave on a daily basis. This caused MUCH irritation and was the part of my morning that I dreaded. So I did some research and found out that Safety Razors don't tug the hair, just cuts the hair. I was simply looking for something to make it less painful, and never imagined I would actually enjoy shaving, so I was hesitant to drop lots cash for this "necessary evil". I did however figure that it would look pretty next to my sink if I had a matching set, so I dropped the cash anyway (more than I probably should have), and bought a T&H DE Razor and best Badger Brush with stand and bowl. I also got a sampler of their shave creams, etc. and purchased a blade sampler from The Shave Den. I have to say, I LOVE shaving! I do it when I don't have to, I'm on vacation and on the weekends. Since, I have gone a little nuts(So has the SWMBO, *** for tat right?). To add to my T&H set, I have a Merkur 38C HD (am waiting on a 37C Slant Bar), a Simpson's "Major" and (for a beginner) an impressive selection of Shave Creams, AS, and colognes. I really like Voshkod blades (quality and dirt cheap), but I am also happy with Swords and Sharks, haven't grown the balls for feathers...yet. So that's a little about where I am. See you about the forum!

Welcome aboard B&B. Hope you enjoy the ride.

Looks like you are off to a good start. Practice and patience will pay off with better and better shaves.

Welcome to a deep water sailor from a former shallow water sailor (USCG). BTW, you don't need balls for Feathers, only careful technique. The Feathers might work better and be less aggressive in your 38C rather than in the 37C slant after you get it.

That is part of the problem. I'm pretty sure I have good technique. I hold the razor low, two fingers and a thumb to ensure no pressure, and have sucessfully graduated from 2 passes WTG to a few extra passes XTG and ATG. No nicks and my face doesn't feel raw... but part of me says "just a little more time" I want to get it right. Shaving, the next day, over cuts and nicks wouldn't feel too good and I don't have the option to "Let it heal first". Am I being a Vagina?

Welcome aboard the good ship B&B. Take a stroll on the promenade deck and enjoy the voyage. :thumbup1:

Always remember, relax but be vigilant when you shave!

You will hear this all the time but no pressure, blade angle. The blade angle is very steep. You have to stick the razor parallel to the floor against your cheek and then lower until the blade just touches your skin. With two fingers at the base of the razor pull down keeping your wrist straight. BBS will be within reach within a month if you stay focused. This worked for me hopefully it works for you!

Top Bottom