What's new

Favorite Small Brushes?

I've been using a Vulfix 2189 boar and a Simpsons Berkeley.

What are your favorite small face latherers out there? I'd like to try a Wee Scot and I've got a Vulfix 2190 on my list as well since I like the 2189 so much.

Wee Scot rocks. If you think it might be too small the next step up in the Simpsons brand is the Case

proxy.php

After reading through this, I think I ought to get a 'Wee Scot' too!

On the other hand, I'm surprised nobody has nominated the EJ small super badger. I had one, gave it to a friend who was just starting out wet-shaving, and then after a year or so, just had to get another one to fill the gap in my (lathering) life!

I do love my two Vie-Long horse hair brushes, but EJ certainly make good stuff, too - and the knots are top-notch; hardly any shedding at all.

My current favourite is the Duke 1 in pure. An even shoter handle than the case but with a slightly bigger loft.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Berkeley and Commodore X1 are favorites at home, Wee Scot for travel.

+1 for the Case. It's a cracking brush and offers )along with the Berkeley) possibly the best price versus performance in all of the Simpsons brushes I've tried.

I've been using a Vulfix 2189 boar and a Simpsons Berkeley.

What are your favorite small face latherers out there? I'd like to try a Wee Scot and I've got a Vulfix 2190 on my list as well since I like the 2189 so much.

Did you purchase the 2190 i like to know becouse im planning to buy one for every day use

Did you purchase the 2190 i like to know becouse im planning to buy one for every day use

I passed on the 2190 (I am not a fan of 'pure' badger) but have both the 2189 (boar) and the 2273 (Super Badger) with the same handle and both are really nice and most certainly suited for daily use. The 2189 is my fav boar and the 2273 is competing with the Simpsons Special and Classic 1 for that position among my badgers.

Top Bottom