What's new

A handgun, shotgun, rifle that you have owned the longest......

$Smithy 002.jpg$Smithy 001.jpg

I WAS CURIOUS AS TO IF PEOPLE HAVE A TENDENCY TO HANG ONTO THEIR PIECES FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME. SOME OF YOU KNOW THAT RECENTLY i GIFTED MOST OF MY HANDGUNS, SHOTGUNS, AND RIFLES TO MY SONS, AS DO TO HEALTH REASONS NO LONGER HUNT, BUT DO ON OCCASION GET TO THE RANGE. i GOT OUT OF THE SERVICE IN 1970, AND PURCHASED THIS SNUBBIE IN 1970, OR 1971. I STILL KEEP A FEW AROUND THE HOUSE THOUGH. WHAT IS THE OLDEST PIECE THAT YOU PERSONALLY PURCHASED, AND STILL HAVE. NOT THE OLDEST PIECE YOU OWN.

BEST REGARDS RON

Well, I'm a pretty young guy and haven't been into guns very long. I bought my first gun, and still current skeet gun (a Lanber brand spanish over/under) new in '06. I have two of my grandfathers guns: an Ithaca 37 from the 1940s and a WWII issue 1911. Obviously both have been in my family a long time but have only been in my possession for 5 or 6 years now. The only gun I have sold was a Sig 226 that I traded for my current carry gun, a Kahr CW9. The sig was a well made and reliable gun, but I never could get it to shoot accurately and it was way too big to be my primary carry gun.

Don't laugh, but yes.
As a kid I had a Winchester .177 pellet gun. I recently picked it up from my dad's house and it had suffered badly after years of neglect in his garage. Web research revealed it to be a Winchester branded German import from the popular maker "Diana." In good condition these go for $35-$50 nowadays, and the cost of cleaning it up and refinishing the stock doesn't make economic sense.
I'm cleaning it up and re-finishing the stock.

I have owned my Benelli super black eagle for 15 years and it is my baby. I was offered what I paid for it a few years back and I turned it down. My kids will inherit this gun.

proxy.php

20 gauge Iver Johnson Champion. Dad bought it new in the 40's and passed it on to me. I've shot a lot of a variety of game species including goose. Single shot guns just don't die.

Well this is difficult for me.

I had a Winnie Pump action shotgun, a Hi-Standard 22 pistol, a Ruger 10/22

If I had my way, I would still have them BUT our thieving bastard Prime Minister in 1996 brought in laws to ban semi auto rifles and P/A shotguns. And later pistols with certain capacities/shorter barrels.

Upshot is I no longer have any of the they all went through a crusher. Grrrrr.....

I have a few more guns now and the one I WILL own the longest (i.e. will not sell) is a Beretta 687 Silver Pigeon V O/U shotgun.
proxy.php

I almost bought me a over and under when I bought my Benelli, it was a browning onyx I think, it was one of the first 3.5" o/u's. I would love to shoot one though.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
The Mrs. and I have one pump action, 6 round (+ one in the chamber), 12 gauge Mossberg M590 Shotgun that we've had

since 1990. :thumbsup:
attachment.php

proxy.php
"Nothing like the sound as a shotgun sheel being chambered". CBJ

I have owned my Benelli super black eagle for 15 years and it is my baby. I was offered what I paid for it a few years back and I turned it down. My kids will inherit this gun.

proxy.php

Love these guns!! They put a few Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners on my table :thumbup:

Last edited:
I have a S&W model 27, Highway Patrolman with a 6" barrel that I bought brand new in 1969.

I got it through the rod and gun club in Berlin, Germany When I was stationed there. I remember what it cost then, $81.00.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I have an H and R 28 guage that was my grandfathers then my Dad had it and he gave it to me 32 years ago. It has been in the family since 1917.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Mossberg 16ga both action bought about 1962..
proxy.php

Nice, I recall bolt action shotguns at Sears ..

Mine is a Mossberg Model 30 if I recall correctly, single shot .22 with a peep sight that I bought circa 1960 or so for $8

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Now that is a gun - where do you hunt - 8x57 is deer?, 16 gauge unusual but a great upland bird round

I've had a Stevens 22 bolt action since the mid 60's. I picked up a new model Ruger 357 Black Hawk in the late 70's that I wear in a cross draw holster when horseback, along with a Rossi 20 gauge carrige gun for the wife and home protection. The newest hand gun I have is a High Standard Sentinel MK IV 22 mag snub nose. I received it in the 80's from a friend who didn't want it any longer. Seems I acquire a firearm every decade or so...or I did

I have a Marlin 39a .22 LR lever action that Dad bought me in 1952. I also have his Marlin 336 in 35 Rem he got about a year later. I did pass a Stevens sxs double barrel 16 Ga on to my son that may have been in the family a little longer.

Top Bottom