What's new

Harris Almond and TOBS lavender

Ok guys, never have used hard soaps (or any soap for that matter) before so took a leap and got some TOBS lavender and Harris Almond on the way. BTW the TOBS lavender was $8.31 on Amazon. Hopefully the soaps live up to the hype. I have a brand new Colonel x2l waiting to see how they work!! Any suggestions on which to try first or technique is always appreciated.

Scott

I had the TOBS lavender...my best lather results came from the following:
1) putting some warm/hot water on the puck for a few minutes, usually while I showered before shaving (dumping off of the puck before loading)
2) loading with a brush whereby a good bit of the excess water was shaken out (and adding water slowly during the lather building.

Good luck!

They are two good products- I recently finished a puck of TOBS Lavender and I have a puck of Harris Almond in the cabinet waiting for me. You will find a huge amount of collected wisdom on soaps in these threads.

Harris Almond has a nice light scent. I'll be posting about the stick version in a few days.

I don't know about the newer TOBS Lavender soap, but the old stuff was/is very good, certainly one of my top soaps. TOBS products in general are usually good performers.

Top Bottom