What's new

Coffee brewer: The disposable French Press

That's pretty cool. I would think a specialty product like that would use good beans. I wonder where you can buy them?

An alternative, if you don't want extra trash, can be found at many outdoors stores. They sell a plastic french press/mug. It's bulky, but it retains heat very well. Also, by the end of the mug, you are drinking diesel.

An alternative, if you don't want extra trash, can be found at many outdoors stores. They sell a plastic french press/mug. It's bulky, but it retains heat very well. Also, by the end of the mug, you are drinking diesel.

I've had one of thise for several years. My daughter bought it for me.

Excellent bit of kit. Makes decent French press coffee. As mentioned, the grounds stay in the bottom but I've never found the coffee lasts long enough to turn to diesel!

Also pull the plunger out and it makes a standard insulated mug for the rest of the day.

Gareth

I really like that boiler ! As for the disposable press, it looks like a lot more work than just using a Starbucks Via packet. I do a ton of traveling and would never be caught without half a dozen of those little Via's in my bag. I think this would be a great alternative if you don't like the Via's though

For those of you who carry a camp stove while backpacking, Jetboil makes a French press insert for their stoves. It works exactly the same as a regular french press and fits the pot of a Jetboil perfectly.

I can't imagine a situation where I'd forego freshly-ground coffee. That Jetboil press plunger looks like a winner. Add a Hario mini and some home roast and we're off to the races.

Top Bottom