What's new

TECH Tuesday

I'm curious about the slots people keep talking about on the bottoms of the razors. I have seen references to keys also. Are there keys that fit in these slots to open up the blade head or something.

The slots are in the base plate as pictured in the lower right hand corner photo. There are 4 slots that allow shave cream and whiskers to pass during shave. The ones in this TECH are the 'Triangular' shape.

The Key is reference to a 'Psycho' or prison issue TECH that required a key to be able to remove the cap and load a blade. The key went into the bottom of the handle of the 'Psycho' TECH.

Hope that helps

proxy.php

I fired up my Tech this morning with the Tradere handle for the second pass and touch-ups (I had done the first pass with an Old Type).
I'm kinda liking the Tech with the Tradere handle; different, but pretty nice.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Weather is warming up, so I think I will prepare a 'Blue Willie' for tommorrow's Tech Tuesday shave. :)

As de facto moderator of this thread I will make a ruling on the AS-D1 question. If you post pictures it will qualify for the purposes of this thread as long as you reference it's TECH'dom without actually calling it a TECH. IE TECH inspired... TECH worthy... TECH influenced... TECH rife shaver.... ETC...

But most important is pictures!:batman:

May I join in on Tech Tuesday? Tomorrow I will be using my '51 black handle Tech, Derby blade, Palmolive stick, and Omega boar. This has been a good combination for me for many a year now.

Attachments

• $IMG_1738.jpg
    $IMG_1738.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 162
Another Tech Tuesday. Today, I paired it with a Red Pack Personna, Palmolove shave stick and a Simpson Eagle in Best. I finished up with Floid Vigoroso and a spray of Parfumerie Generale Coze 02. An effortless BBS shave, as the Tech always seems to deliver.

thanks for joining us, Arley.

this morning, as promised, I put the Gentle Giant into action. This is a user-grade gold Tech head that I mated with a brand-new Tradere handle. I loaded it up with a Supermax SuperPlatinum and used Mama Bear's Frankincense and Myrhh shaving soap lathered with the 2009 Semogue LE boar brush.

Two passes and a little touch-up later, and it's DFS and happy. Nice razor.

Today, I fired up a new Travel Tech for the first time. Astra SP blade, MWF lathered with a Vie-Long 13071, and a healthy splash of Ogallala Bay Rum.

Not a bad razor, but I'd like to find a real handle to use at home. I have my grandfather's Old, but the handle has the standard crack, so I try to leave that one alone as often as possible.

I used my 1938 Gillette Tech with the triangle wholes today paired with PREP Pre Shave Cream and Arko Shave Soap that has soaked in some Ice Blue Aqua Velva and used my Omega 49 Red handle brush. The Shave was smooth and close. I forget how great Arko Shave Soap really is as it made a luxurious lather and the added fragrance of the Ice Blue Aqua Velva was really nice. The blade I used was a Top Care Comfort Coated Blade made by the American Safety Razor company which also makes all the Personna razor blades. $Tech Tuesday 002.jpg

My first and only safety razor (so far) is (I think) a '63 English Tech. I had my first DE shave ever today and was more than happy with it despite my newness at it and the learning curve of the experience. It was as gentle, then more so, as my previous cartridge (Mach 3) even with the Edge gel. Even without more fancy equipment (brushes, soaps/cremes, etc) I'm still pretty darn impressed at my first DE shave and look forward to using this razor over and over again. All this with some Walgreen branded DE blades (American Personna, I believe).

Prewar Fat Handle Tech with an Israeli Personna red blade.

Duke 1 face lathering D.R. Harris Arlington.

All topped off with a generous amount of THE VEG

Ah... The best of the best

proxy.php

Top Bottom