What's new

TECH Tuesday

I been using my English Tech loaded with a Polsilver SI for touch ups on Tech Tues, since participating in the long open comb March.
The Korona replate on the far left has a different safety bar, it also has the Gillette logo and made in England stamped on the bottom instead of the top. I thought I'd share pics.
$IMG_20140325_190034.jpg
Krona replate
$IMG_20140325_190357.jpg
Regular English Tech
$IMG_20140325_190408.jpg

Last edited:
I use my ball end aluminum handle tech every day! I love the mild shave and it's a very forgiving shaver. I just need to find a better handle with a bit more heft to it. I think SWMBO would beat my butt if another package came in the mail though so let's hope a handle PIF comes down :)

Worked some shaving magic tonight with the venerable pre-war Gillette fat handle tech. Unfortunately, the shave was ruined by a dull Ladas blade...

Bumping for a Tech Tuesday Special:

Shaved with the often imitated, but never duplicated Pre-War Gillette Fat Handle Tech

My first razor is a tech it was red brass and yellow brass still have it re-plated in rhodium have problems with shaving my neck takes to many passes and I get razor burn and bumps if anybody has suggestions leave a message please

Just picked up two Techs which I believe were made in England in the late '40s - a Ball End Aluminum Tech (far right)
$Finalsale157_zps922b7a66.jpg

and a really nice Thin-Handle Tech in a bakelite case...
$Finalsale154_zpsa6fd9eeb.jpg
I've shaved with the Ball End after only ever using my 34C before, with a Treet blade, I found it a little more aggressive than my 34C, with more potential for soreness and irritation. That said, I'll try a rotation of blades through it and see what works.

Hi,

Lately, I have been using my Grandpa's Old Type for my cleanup pass instead of the Early Tech following my Slant as it is more efficent. Yesterday, though, I used only the Early Tech just for Tech Tuesday. :)

Stan

Top Bottom