Page 15 of 63 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 25 ... LastLast

Thread: TECH Tuesday

1. Default

I'm curious about the slots people keep talking about on the bottoms of the razors. I have seen references to keys also. Are there keys that fit in these slots to open up the blade head or something.
    Gig Em Ags!

Images

The slots are in the base plate as pictured in the lower right hand corner photo. There are 4 slots that allow shave cream and whiskers to pass during shave. The ones in this TECH are the 'Triangular' shape.

The Key is reference to a 'Psycho' or prison issue TECH that required a key to be able to remove the cap and load a blade. The key went into the bottom of the handle of the 'Psycho' TECH.

Hope that helps

"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary."

You can see the difference in this thread, photo 5 and 6
    Søren o;)

I fired up my Tech this morning with the Tradere handle for the second pass and touch-ups (I had done the first pass with an Old Type).
    I'm kinda liking the Tech with the Tradere handle; different, but pretty nice.
    Randall, member of BOTOC

5. Default

Thanks for the info DougieB!
    Gig Em Ags!

Tomorrow is Tuesday, gents.
    Apparently I smell like old people.

Images

Does a Feather AS-D1 count as a Tech?
    SSB - LEMS - BOTOC - AOM - KOVT - VSOP - RSVP - BYOB - HTH - ARKO & VEG CHOSEN - YMMV

Mick - Shaving Soap Forum Steward

If you enjoy the time you spend on B&B - become a contributor and support B&B

In my eyes it does.

Feather not only paid tribute to the Tech they actually improved the design IMHO.

Weather is warming up, so I think I will prepare a 'Blue Willie' for tommorrow's Tech Tuesday shave. :)
    Rob- Shower Shaver. Just shave already!

Images

As de facto moderator of this thread I will make a ruling on the AS-D1 question. If you post pictures it will qualify for the purposes of this thread as long as you reference it's TECH'dom without actually calling it a TECH. IE TECH inspired... TECH worthy... TECH influenced... TECH rife shaver.... ETC...

But most important is pictures!

Firing up the Gentle Giant (tech head, Tradere handle) for tomorrow morning's shave.
    Randall, member of BOTOC

May I join in on Tech Tuesday? Tomorrow I will be using my '51 black handle Tech, Derby blade, Palmolive stick, and Omega boar. This has been a good combination for me for many a year now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1738.jpg  

Images

Welcome to our club... and thank you for the great picture.

Images

Another Tech Tuesday. Today, I paired it with a Red Pack Personna, Palmolove shave stick and a Simpson Eagle in Best. I finished up with Floid Vigoroso and a spray of Parfumerie Generale Coze 02. An effortless BBS shave, as the Tech always seems to deliver.
    "I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying" .... Woody Allen
    Proud member of the Great Eagle Group Buy 2010

Mike,
    SOTD Steward http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdi...nt-of-the-Day!

Item of the Week: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...iscussion-2014

Being Tuesday, I had to break away from my beloved SE's and break out a Fat Handled Tech

They need to make it easier to delete an account.

thanks for joining us, Arley.

this morning, as promised, I put the Gentle Giant into action. This is a user-grade gold Tech head that I mated with a brand-new Tradere handle. I loaded it up with a Supermax SuperPlatinum and used Mama Bear's Frankincense and Myrhh shaving soap lathered with the 2009 Semogue LE boar brush.

Two passes and a little touch-up later, and it's DFS and happy. Nice razor.
    Randall, member of BOTOC

Today, I fired up a new Travel Tech for the first time. Astra SP blade, MWF lathered with a Vie-Long 13071, and a healthy splash of Ogallala Bay Rum.

Not a bad razor, but I'd like to find a real handle to use at home. I have my grandfather's Old, but the handle has the standard crack, so I try to leave that one alone as often as possible.

I used my 1938 Gillette Tech with the triangle wholes today paired with PREP Pre Shave Cream and Arko Shave Soap that has soaked in some Ice Blue Aqua Velva and used my Omega 49 Red handle brush. The Shave was smooth and close. I forget how great Arko Shave Soap really is as it made a luxurious lather and the added fragrance of the Ice Blue Aqua Velva was really nice. The blade I used was a Top Care Comfort Coated Blade made by the American Safety Razor company which also makes all the Personna razor blades. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tech Tuesday 002.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	242150
    Tom

My first and only safety razor (so far) is (I think) a '63 English Tech. I had my first DE shave ever today and was more than happy with it despite my newness at it and the learning curve of the experience. It was as gentle, then more so, as my previous cartridge (Mach 3) even with the Edge gel. Even without more fancy equipment (brushes, soaps/cremes, etc) I'm still pretty darn impressed at my first DE shave and look forward to using this razor over and over again. All this with some Walgreen branded DE blades (American Personna, I believe).

Images

Prewar Fat Handle Tech with an Israeli Personna red blade.

Duke 1 face lathering D.R. Harris Arlington.

All topped off with a generous amount of THE VEG

Ah... The best of the best

SSB - LEMS - BOTOC - AOM - KOVT - VSOP - RSVP - BYOB - HTH - ARKO & VEG CHOSEN - YMMV

Mick - Shaving Soap Forum Steward

If you enjoy the time you spend on B&B - become a contributor and support B&B