What's new

TECH Tuesday

Just joined the Tech club with my first DE razor. Got a gold finish ball tech on EBay and ordered some TOBS sandalwood cream and Astra blades. I'm very excited. Just lost the beard of 35 years, and eager for a good shave. Thank you for all the good advice here.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 156
My 58 Tech is the only razor I like and will be with me until I die. 56 years old and still going strong - when things were meant to last and did them well too.

I usually prefer more aggressive razors, but today I stuck a feather in my grandfathers gold ball end tech and got a fantastic shave! The mild razor-sharp blade combo works much better than I thought.

I seem to have inadvertently stumbled into Tech Tuesday! After a few days away, and with the knowledge that all my 'loaded' razors had old blades, I took out a new Feather and loaded it into a lovely old Fat Handle Tech and proceeded to enjoy the morning. Now I see that I was observing Tech Tuesday. Well done, me.

I seem to have inadvertently stumbled into Tech Tuesday! After a few days away, and with the knowledge that all my 'loaded' razors had old blades, I took out a new Feather and loaded it into a lovely old Fat Handle Tech and proceeded to enjoy the morning. Now I see that I was observing Tech Tuesday. Well done, me.

+1

OK, so I finally got the whole Tech thing. I had a Rubie, modern Tech clone, that I didn't love. Then I got a pre-war Fat Handle Tech that I hated, way too aggressive for me, I like very mild razors.

I just got a ball end Tech yesterday, and shaved with it today. Loaded a Polsilver SI in it and went to work. 3 passes, a few weepers but nothing big, very little irritation and a DFS. Never get BBS so I don't try anymore. I think I finally found another razor to go into my rotation along with my 1904 Classic and my Old Type.

Top Bottom