What's new

Simpson Classic 1 vs Simpson Case (Pictures Please)

Does anyone own both of these brushes (I realize they are very close in specs and that the answer is likely no)? If so, would you mind posting some pictures (with an object to get and idea of the size) so I can get a visual idea of the size of these brushes. I have seen the specs and realize they are minimally different. I guess I am basically looking for a commonly recognized object (size wise) to compare them to.

Thanks

They are just small, but very different brushes. Classic is much much denser! I call it 'Chubby 0'. Case is OK, and may be a better bung for the buck if you are using it for travelling.

proxy.php

Thank you... I have a Classic 1 on the way and was trying to see (visually) how it compared to say a Wee Scot. I had Mark make me a Classic 1 in Manchurian. I enjoy my Wee Scot but am hoping that this Classic 1 will be slightly larger and still give me the performance of a "normal" size brush. Currently my Wee Scot is my travel brush and while I do find it surprisingly nice for its size, it is also my 2 yr old sons favorite thing to play with while I shave with my larger brushes. I figured I would PIF him my Wee Scott and hopefully enjoy my Classic.

They are just small, but very different brushes. Classic is much much denser! I call it 'Chubby 0'. Case is OK, and may be a better bung for the buck if you are using it for travelling.

proxy.php

I have a Classic 1 stuffed with 2-band, and I find it to be the perfect travel brush. I'm currently on the road with it, in fact. I had a CL1 in Best but found it too scritchy for my face. It is a very densely packed brush with a short loft. I think a lot of people would love the way it feels. The 2-band CL1 has softer tips and isn't as densely packed. I find it dries faster and has all the other characteristics I appreciate in a good shaving brush. Backbone, soft tips, great flow-through. And it fits in the travel case.

+1 to calling it a Chubby 0.

Here's a thread I posted when I first took possession of it:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/271094-Classic-Travel-Brush-part-quot-2-quot?highlight=

When your Manchurian CL1 arrives, please be sure to post pictures and your thoughts!

Any photos of the Classic, Case and Wee Scott together? I would love to see them together to get an idea on size, density, loft et al.

I have a Wee Scott that I started using as my travel brush and it became my everyday brush. I love it. I would like something just a little larger - the next size up as it is. I also have a Colonel 2XL and a Berkeley (both in Best Badger). Both are lovely brushes just too big for my taste at least right now.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Any photos of the Classic, Case and Wee Scott together? I would love to see them together to get an idea on size, density, loft et al.

I have a Wee Scott that I started using as my travel brush and it became my everyday brush. I love it. I would like something just a little larger - the next size up as it is. I also have a Colonel 2XL and a Berkeley (both in Best Badger). Both are lovely brushes just too big for my taste at least right now.

I don't own a Case, but seixi posted a side by side of a Case & Classic 1 in post #2.

Here is my Wee Scott next to my Classic 1 in Super 2 Banded.
$Wee Scott & Classic 1  2Banded.jpg

I have a Classic 1 stuffed with 2-band, and I find it to be the perfect travel brush. I'm currently on the road with it, in fact. I had a CL1 in Best but found it too scritchy for my face. It is a very densely packed brush with a short loft. I think a lot of people would love the way it feels. The 2-band CL1 has softer tips and isn't as densely packed. I find it dries faster and has all the other characteristics I appreciate in a good shaving brush. Backbone, soft tips, great flow-through. And it fits in the travel case.

+1 to calling it a Chubby 0.

Here's a thread I posted when I first took possession of it:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/271094-Classic-Travel-Brush-part-quot-2-quot?highlight=

When your Manchurian CL1 arrives, please be sure to post pictures and your thoughts!

Will do! Thanks so much for the link.

When I placed my order with Mark for my Classic 1 in Manchurian I initially inquired about the Claasic 1 in 2 band and also in Manchurian. I specifically asked if/when they would be getting the 2 band version back in stock or if they would be willing to make a Manchurian version. When Mark replied he gave me a quote for the Manchurian and didn't even mention if/when the 2 band would be coming back in stock.

I bought it as a limited here: http://www.simpsonshavingbrushes.com/cgi-bin/trolleyed_public.cgi?action=showprod_LECLASSIC1

They are out of stock now. You could try contacting Mark to see if they will be making any more.

With regard to Simpsons stock of these LE brushes, it seems that Mark has them make up several brushes when someone orders a custom job. So the "extra" brushes end up for sale on their website. Take, for instance, the Classic-1 Manchurian currently listed.

It also seems that Mark is making great efforts to satisfy customers' requests for custom made brushes. So if you don't see what you want on their website, or it says out of stock, just email Mark.

Thanks for the explanation. Someone must have snapped up that Classic 1 in Manchurian. It is showing as out of stock already.

With regard to Simpsons stock of these LE brushes, it seems that Mark has them make up several brushes when someone orders a custom job. So the "extra" brushes end up for sale on their website. Take, for instance, the Classic-1 Manchurian currently listed.

It also seems that Mark is making great efforts to satisfy customers' requests for custom made brushes. So if you don't see what you want on their website, or it says out of stock, just email Mark.

One last question here: Any one have a Simpson 55 and Case and/or Wee Scott and/or Classic 1? I would love to see a picture of them side by side.

Thanks Elbe. I'm torn between the Case and 55. I currently use a Wee Scott every day but I would like something a bit bigger. I have a Berkeley (Colonel X2L) but they are too big for me.

Top Bottom