What's new

Brick & Mortar in Portland, Or

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Swung by Beverton Pharmacy during lunch. Limited selection, but the did have Pre de Provence balm, Williams, and the Veg. The real highlight was the blades--GEM blue stars, schick injectors, and Wilkinsons. The Wilkies were only $1.39 for a 5-pack, so probably the cheapest DE blades in town. Pleased to see the injector blades and not bad at 5.99 for 7 in a cartridge. Lots of aftershaves, but mostly modern drugstore stuff.

Swung by Beverton Pharmacy during lunch. Limited selection, but the did have Pre de Provence balm, Williams, and the Veg. The real highlight was the blades--GEM blue stars, schick injectors, and Wilkinsons. The Wilkies were only $1.39 for a 5-pack, so probably the cheapest DE blades in town. Pleased to see the injector blades and not bad at 5.99 for 7 in a cartridge. Lots of aftershaves, but mostly modern drugstore stuff.

What was the price of Williams? If you're interested in that kind of thing you can usually get Williams for under a buck at Winco, and generic Witch Hazel cheap at Winco as well.

Hirsute

The Williams was $1.09, so comparable. I didn't buy any because I'm not a Williams guy, though.

I went on a shopping binge after work too. Went to Manor, and they no longer have Musgo but they have the whole line of Santa Maria Novella aftershave and balm (the alcohol free balm was nice, but at $65 for 100ml I decided to pass).

Went to French Quarter, and they don't carry Musgo anymore either. They did have some Pour Homme creams and balms, but that's it.

The hunt continues...

New AOS store in Washington Square opened on 4/5/13... in the south end across from C&E in the old Excalibur Cutlery location. Swung by and got my free Unscented Starter Kit... but as I prefer the sandalwood I passed this on to a buddy...

Update on Beaverton Pharmacy: they have both Pre de Provence shave soap in the tin and the aftershave balm in the metal tube ( I picked up a tube for $14.50 ) as well as a complete line of the PdP bath soaps. Also have Pinaud Lilac Vegital and a few other items.

Hirsute

Found Clubman and VIBR at Bart's Barbershop, at 518 SE Morrison. They also had one other Pinaud--looked like lime Sec or the Veg, but couldnt be sure since I spied these when I was driving by--theres a small retail shelf and they might be a few other things. Reviews on Yelp are positive, so it might be worth having a cut there too.

The Y Chrome barber shop (downtown, Broadway & 6th) now has an assortment of TOBS creams in tubs and tubes, TOBS after shaves, alum blocks and a few other items.

A Bump to a OLD Thread... Any Updates or new Finds in the Portland Oregon Area? I will Be in the Area for a week and would love to hit up some local shops :) Would Love to find a shop to pick up Some Gillette in the Tube and handle some Razors??

Another Bump. I find a small assortment of popular and widely available things like Pinaud products in various local pharmacies around town, and there is a L'Occitaine and an AoS downtown. I know that The Modern Man is around, but have yet to visit. Is there anyplace else? Specifically is there anywhere that carries more soap? Arko or Palmolive even?

Bump to this thread as it has been a long time! I'm back on Badger after many years and no doubt the internet has taken away most hopping options for us in a brick and mortar. Any new updates to places in the Portland/Vancouver area? I know The Art of Shaving still has a few places and Marios is still down here.

Seumas

Top Bottom