What's new

Simpson Brush Advice

I have recently purchased my first Simpson brush, Commodore X2 in best, which was quickly followed by my next, "57" in best. I love the X2 as it is almost perfect for my needs as well as the 57. My problem is that I am ready to buy yet another one and I am looking for one that is basically a marriage of the two. Size of the X2 or a touch smaller as I plan to use this one more with my travel kit, with the feel of the 57. I have compared the different sizes and practically all the brushes but I am looking for some direction from "the masters of the badger" on this forum. Any ideas?? Perhaps a 55 or 56 or an X1? How did I get on this slippery slope?

The Colonel is also on my list as it appears very close in size to the X2. It may very well be the ticket if the knot is a liitle more dense than the Commodore. Besides the handle is there a big difference in feel between the 56 and the Colonel?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
The Colonel is also on my list as it appears very close in size to the X2. It may very well be the ticket if the knot is a liitle more dense than the Commodore. Besides the handle is there a big difference in feel between the 56 and the Colonel?

The knot on the 56 is more densely packed, but the Colonel is not a floppy brush at all (and, by the way, it's one of my travelling brushes, too :wink2:).

Top Bottom