What's new

A new gillette razor

I procured a new Gillette razor. What year did Gillette mfg. this model? Thanks. DM
proxy.php

Officially, the razor is a New Improved, and in that case, it is the New Standard. The razor came in different cases with different names (Bostonian, Richwood, and Big Fellow).

It came in both silver and gold flavors.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Thank you gentleman for all the assistance. It held one Personna blade in the small metal case. So, thinking it was most likely shaken around in the tin for a few years I stropped it up. First, on canvas then leather and lastly on newspaper then loaded it for a shave. While the shave was very close it was much more agressive than my Gillette Super Glide. Plus, the numbering site (serial number) was not much help or I'm not reading it correctly as my number is '150352A' and not found at the site. So, more knowledgable assistance may be in order. Thank you. Possum

Ras, After re-examining your excellant photos I looked at the shaft on mine and noticed its stamped: 'Pat. Jan. 13. 1920' . This may or may not help. Thanks. Possum

Its probably my low quality photo. So, I'll attempt to redeem myself. Thanks gentleman for your assistance. Possum
proxy.php

Top Bottom