What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Currently using a BRW NEW long comb with Bull Mastiff XXL handle but sent an email to Bob inquiring on getting a NEW short comb. OC's just give better shaves especially on my neck and they glide much better.

I've had my eye on that one for a while now,how does it shave?

I couldn't agree more!! For me I started using OC exclusively because they were simply more efficient... Less passes for me means less irritation. Even with the much loved Edwin Jagger DE89... My shaves were DFS at best, but usually meant at least 4 full passes and scrubbing to get a shave that left me comfortable to be seen in public (ask any Marine who tough out DI's were about shaving!)

Once I tried the new, I've never looked back.... And once I added Old Types, R41 and various other OC all of my OC love was reinforced.
As a former FMF Corpsman I know how the Marine corps feels about any facial hair, anytime. The older and more crusty SNCOs can spot it 8 miles away and come walking with the knife hand, "hey Marine!". No stubble at all, not even on leave while on base. And believe me, motivation to get your shaves right WILL come from the gas chamber.

I've had my eye on that one for a while now,how does it shave?

The weight of the handle makes the shave very nice. When I first got it the weight was more concentrated on the ball on the end and my first few shaves I got some subpar shaves. The ball on the end can unscrew though and this leaves the weight much more focused on the head. However I realized the ball end just completes the look and added it back. Now that I am familiar with the razor my shaves are great.

.... We were gonna have to call an emergency meeting, and since Ralph is on vacation to the Scottish Highlands for mating season, he was not going to like it!

Well please call Ralph off now as I have been converted now. .

Whew! I wasn't gonna call Ralph, I was gonna have Ken do it.

Too late...Ralph has already left Scotland! But on a good note...he's bringing back all the Macallan he can carry, plus is taking a stop in Ireland for some Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese and Vintage cheddar!! Woohoo....he mentioned something about stoppin by Franks to have a mess of grits and eggs and may even share some of his treats if frank gives him a good shave.....he said the Scots and Irish were too drunk....

And don't worry Johnnie...he is bring back a harem, so his plans didnt get interrupted.... at first I thought he was talking about a farm....he kept saying "brown chicken brown cow..."

I will have razor and lathered brush in hand when he arrives. I want to keep on his good side for sure.
I can cook a batch of grits and eggs with no problem. :001_cool:

He prefers cheese grits, and his eggs over medium with runny yolks...and really loves buttermilk biscuits...if you have some applebutter or sorghum molasses for his biscuit you will make a friend for life....just dont let him drink too much of the scotch or you will see him do his gopher dance Arley taught him!!

I will have razor and lathered brush in hand when he arrives. I want to keep on his good side for sure.
I can cook a batch of grits and eggs with no problem. :001_cool:

I can do the cheese grits. My favorite. Eggs I do over easy. Can't even cook them sunny side up or I will Ralph on "Ralph".
Biscuits we can do as well. We make em like Bo'Jangle's

That's what I figured as well. I do have a couple emails out to him, but don't want to flood his box with same emails over and over. Sooner or later we will start to get answers I am sure. It's just hard waiting around. :yawn:

really loves buttermilk biscuits...if you have some applebutter or sorghum molasses for his biscuit you will make a friend for life

Just don't give him honey! It reminds him of the bee hive incident. The last person that tried to give him honey for his buscuit, well, they had a nice memorial service.

The search is officially over after today's shave.

I think I will be selling all the rest of my DE razors after today's shave...

proxy.php

proxy.php

Riiiiiight.... :) . What is that.. Joris?

Joris Lined Handle Palladium

It has been quite a while since I have been blown away by a DE razor. This one is NICE!!!

I don't like the feel of the handle in the hand very much but think that this will go away once I use it more

Top Bottom