Page 92 of 948 FirstFirst ... 42 829091929394 102 142 192 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 18951

Thread: Brotherhood of the Open Comb

Quote Originally Posted by onefallinghope View Post
    The 2011 R41 really isn't the blood monster people have made it out to be is it? I think I am gonna try one. I've been in love with my SE's and I'm looking for a DE that comes close.
    Cant get closer than R41
    Steward in the B&B Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In forum - Click here for Hall Of Fame

I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can shave again.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGreyGuy View Post
    I'm really glad that I am not influenced by enablers.

BTW: I ordered the Grande Fatip today ......

WOOHOOO!!!

Survey says.....10 out of 10 users that have Sean Connery as there AV will LOVE the Fatip!!!

To quote your AV "What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men."

Gotta love SC as King Arthur!!

Hmmm...I think I just discovered the motto of the BOTOC!!
    ΘΣ of Open Comb Shaving; Founder of BOTOC (Brotherhood of the Open Comb) ~ Ken

The 2011 R41 really isn't the blood monster people have made it out to be is it? I think I am gonna try one. I've been in love with my SE's and I'm looking for a DE that comes close.

I say hooey! IMO...if you use a light touch a good blade and the proper angle the R41 is one of the finest shavers ever built.....it gives as good as a shave as if I go to my barber and get a straight shave....I use my R41 at LEAST 4 days a week....

I seriously don't understand all the horror stories.....either people are using them on crack, or blindfolded! LOL....take your time it will treat you right!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesbishop View Post
    I say hooey! IMO...if you use a light touch a good blade and the proper angle the R41 is one of the finest shavers ever built.....it gives as good as a shave as if I go to my barber and get a straight shave....I use my R41 at LEAST 4 days a week....

I seriously don't understand all the horror stories.....either people are using them on crack, or blindfolded! LOL....take your time it will treat you right!!
    I agree, any razor with a blade in it can bite you,hell I wasn't paying attention once and I got a weeper from a Feather AS-D1,just take your time with the r41 and you'll get a great shave.
    Gerry,Proud member of BOTOC

Quote Originally Posted by alex2363 View Post
    Cant get closer than R41
    Roger that......it is my EDS
    Proud member of the BOTOC

Images

I think you will be ok with it. I like the R41 too, it rides my face better than any other razor so far.

Rock on!

QUOTE=onefallinghope;4097657]The 2011 R41 really isn't the blood monster people have made it out to be is it? I think I am gonna try one. I've been in love with my SE's and I'm looking for a DE that comes close.[/QUOTE]
    Mongo only pawn in game of life~Honored Member of the BOTOC~Muhle R41 Grande,EJ89 Barley

Quote Originally Posted by Gam View Post
    I agree, any razor with a blade in it can bite you,hell I wasn't paying attention once and I got a weeper from a Feather AS-D1,just take your time with the r41 and you'll get a great shave.

What is funny is that I can use the R41, or the Fatip...or really any OC and get a great shave....no weepers, smooth and comfortable....BUT you put a tech in my hand....forget it!!

I tried a Tech for Tech Tuesday...( I do try to support all of our members with great ideas)...and got a few weeprs!! Why??? My technique went to shite! I wasn't getting the stubble removal I am so use to in a more efficient razor and guess what....I applied pressure...I forgot shaving 101!

This is why I say the R41 is a good beginner razor...they can learn proper technique from day one....and if they listen to the members of this board..( like in this thread and the R41 combined thread) they can have a positive experience with the R41.

"What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men." Sean Connery as King Arthur

Images

The thing with the R41 is that if your technique is poor, it's unforgiving and you can have a bad time with it, because it really does expose quite a lot of blade.

But if you're careful with the angle (most people seem to like the blade at a narrow angle to the face), and you're light with your technique, it shouldn't be a problem at all. If you can wield SEs well, I reckon you should be fine with an R41.

If you get one, you could try what I did for my first shave with mine, and put a Feather in it - it'll focus your mind
    Alan Oscroft (maker of strops)

I agree, Muele has re invented the razor in my opinion, i am sure that they are coming up with some better designs soon.
    Steward in the B&B Shave Clinic & Newbie Check-In forum - Click here for Hall Of Fame

Images

Ba Da Bing!!! Ba Da Boom!! No matter where you go, there you are....with your new R41!

I say hooey! IMO...if you use a light touch a good blade and the proper angle the R41 is one of the finest shavers ever built!!
    Mongo only pawn in game of life~Honored Member of the BOTOC~Muhle R41 Grande,EJ89 Barley

I agree, Muele has re invented the razor in my opinion, i am sure that they are coming up with some better designs soon.

Oh man...that is getting my very excited!! lets pray for some new OC designs!

"What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men." Sean Connery as King Arthur

Your prayers will be answered soon..............also they ha a successful year with thier fibre/silvertip brushes too.

Images

True! However, the R41 gives great feedback allowing for the user to make adjustments on the fly. As I use the R41 the sound and feel of the razor helps to find the “sweet spot”. The R41 is easy to use and gives a great shave. This is coming from a DE new guy that could not get a good shave from a cart sytem.

Have a great shave!

Van (AKA Mongo)

Quote Originally Posted by Oscroft View Post
    The thing with the R41 is that if your technique is poor, it's unforgiving and you can have a bad time with it,

Images

Me too! I'm getting a woody!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mongo1958 View Post
    Me too! I'm getting a woody!!!

Whoaa, too much information

Images

April 1st Sister of BOTOC Joris-Fatip Lovers Club

Images

Same here but not for the same reasons. My EJ98 is a great trainer DE razor and I will always use it but I seem to add too much preasure when shaving to achieve the same results as the R41 and some times, a little irritation (and nicks) occurs.

I tried a Tech for Tech Tuesday...( I do try to support all of our members with great ideas)...and got a few weeprs!! Why??? My technique went to shite!

What?? A new Muhle what is this you speak of?
    Proud member of the BOTOC

Quote Originally Posted by Jbum View Post
    What?? A new Muhle what is this you speak of?
    im not at liberties to say, but we all gonna be happy........soon

Just posted my actual review of the fatip here:http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...d-Fatip-Grande

Really love this razor!!

"What we hold to be right, and good, and true IS right and good and true for all men." Sean Connery as King Arthur, Motto of the BOTOC