What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

nope, 15 tops.....

I don't think so. It looks like someone stuck a gold ball end tech handle on a New head. I thought the New Bostonian has a bar handle.
It does

I shaved with my new Tradere OC this morning. Beautiful razor and an excellent shave!

View attachment 246278View attachment 246279
sweet. im getting 1 too.

Ken, clean out your mail box!
Thats the story of his life..:001_tongu

The 1920's Single Ring I found on eBay arrived a couple of days ago. BIN offer. M179183. No cracks or bent teeth.

View attachment 246280
View attachment 246281
View attachment 246282
View attachment 246283
looks shiny new....

I have a Muhle R101 OC and it is my favorite razor. It gives me a better shave than my Feather SS and any of my old Gillittee SS or Slim Adjustables. I have an old Gillette Bostonian, but it is a little to aggressive for me.
They are bit aggressive.

Ok.... My inbox is clear!! Let the pm's begin!! Lol!
FINALLY!!!!! :lol:

Well, Im official DONE trying to use a SE.....tried again today, and although not as bad as my first and second attempts, the third attempt was still not nearly as rewarding or as easy as using my beloved OC......the SE will be boxed and sent back to my brother........
Come on, i just finished using my Streamline, more agressive than 1912 Gemy....and u cant master the GEMY?

Had I kept it any longer, you would not have gotten it back at all.
good 1 :lol:

that looks like a replated NEW on a Bob's Razor Works custom handle, to me.

If I had to be more specific I'd guess it's a long comb NEW on a Bull Mastiff Deluxe handle. Turtle will be along shortly to tell me what I've won.:001_tongu
thats it

Looking to get a sturdy heavy OC merkurs, gillette maybe- dont want to spend a whole lot- lay it on me
how much is a whole bunch?

Great resto april, I am very proud to have you as a member here at B&B in general...you are preserving our Wet Shave Tradition even though you have several online businesses.

Nice, April.
what Randall said^^

My brother had a conversation with Bob before his move....Bob informed him then that the earliest he would up and running would be beginning to mid-june....I think everyone is kinda of jumping the gun with Bob..... depending on his move, etc it may just be awhile before his starts up....just my .02
True, Bob will be back stronger than ever!!!!

wow; theyre both stunning, but I like the long comb better (lookswise; never shaved with either)
:001_tt1:

aww thank you Alex :) Now I just need to be a bit more careful since it seems that I may have removed all the chrome off of one of my acquisitions. I am still Learning! But really I think it looks better now!

aww thank you Alex :) Now I just need to be a bit more careful since it seems that I may have removed all the chrome off of one of my acquisitions. I am still Learning! But really I think it looks better now!

NOOOOO!!!!!! which razor, and how did u accidentally remove it?

Greetings from Detroit!
Well I am sure new at this, but wanted to try some of the relatively cheap, lovely (old) NEW Gillettes out there. Expecting a couple of parcels in the mail middle of next week. I can't wait to mow down some whiskers with these beauties, and experience the BOTOC shaves you all rave about!
$1.jpg$2.jpg
Cheers!

Wow what a great night, met up with a member of the forums, had some great shave talks, got to sniff some of his soaps, he got to sniff some of mine ( i now want drh arlington, he wants cade lol) and we split up 1kg of klar kabbinett, which as of the test lather i just did i can already tell it is incredible stuff,... except not a single one of my packages have arrived lol, but a great conversation more then made up for that

That is soo cool!

Wow what a great night, met up with a member of the forums, had some great shave talks, got to sniff some of his soaps, he got to sniff some of mine ( i now want drh arlington, he wants cade lol) and we split up 1kg of klar kabbinett, which as of the test lather i just did i can already tell it is incredible stuff,... except not a single one of my packages have arrived lol, but a great conversation more then made up for that

I think you were a bit aggressive with your cleaning young lady....did you ever get the mother's polish I recommended since you can't find mass? Those are chrome plated, and chrome does oxidize like silver does....so you should need much to really clean chrome...soap and water should do it....and NEVER use sand paper on chrome!! I wouldn't even use the micro papers....fine on a all stainless steel watch like my Rolex or my Panerai Luminor Marina Militare watches....but I wouldn't use on chrome...

That's nice! I'm gonna meet up with a member for a pint and to lend him a NEW to try before he buys.... and I'm thinking at least two pints!!

I did not use sandpaper and used the same polish I always have used :( Ohh well it looks pretty

I think you were a bit aggressive with your cleaning young lady....did you ever get the mother's polish I recommended since you can't find mass? Those are chrome plated, and chrome does oxidize like silver does....so you should need much to really clean chrome...soap and water should do it....and NEVER use sand paper on chrome!! I wouldn't even use the micro papers....fine on a all stainless steel watch like my Rolex or my Panerai Luminor Marina Militare watches....but I wouldn't use on chrome...

Greetings from Detroit!
Well I am sure new at this, but wanted to try some of the relatively cheap, lovely (old) NEW Gillettes out there. Expecting a couple of parcels in the mail middle of next week. I can't wait to mow down some whiskers with these beauties, and experience the BOTOC shaves you all rave about!
View attachment 246486View attachment 246487
Cheers!

what...you tease us with the photos...and don't ask for membership?? Don't make me send april after you!! :lol:

You will LOVE the NEW....that one is pretty minty!! the other should clean up nice!

The D.R. Harris Arlington is one of my favorite soaps and the only one that I can get a great lather from any of my cheapest brushes.

View attachment 246485 Before picture

View attachment 246484 after I did the usual dawn and hot water, scrubbing bubbles, polished and rinse
I think they may have already been removed....

Greetings from Detroit!

Cheers!
so now join up!! BOTOC awaits.

great ...did your sister leave another unannounced package today?

That's nice! I'm gonna meet up with a member for a pint and to lend him a NEW to try before he buys.... and I'm thinking at least two pints!!

KEG?

what...you tease us with the photos...and don't ask for membership?? Don't make me send april after you!! :lol:

You will LOVE the NEW....that one is pretty minty!! the other should clean up nice!

What happened to Ralph??? Did April cook him?

That will be a couple of fine looking LCs when you get them polished up. Be careful with the shiny one, the gold wash is thin on them. And you'll polish it off easily.

great ...did your sister leave another unannounced package today?
No, not a single package, no new, old, old type razor, no samples, no mug and brush, no replacement cream for the misslabled cream i got,... nothing, but i did do a test lather on a new soap that has me tickled quite pink at the moment, i think i know exactly what i am going to use when i get my old type in hand ! and now im even more upset i dont have it,.... but now i get another couple of days growth lol

Top Bottom