What's new

Brotherhood of the Open Comb

why thank you :) I was raised to be a bargainer :) I say it all the time I am a true Heb :)

What a novel idea, asking for a better price regardless of seller or offer. I often ask questions about all kinds of things, but why not about price? Duh! Nonetheless, you do have a very keen eye and mind!

You know that is interesting Alex I just picked up a dental set this weekend thinking it might work well in some teeth of one of my pocket sets
Very nice April, use a plaque remover steel tool, like the ones dentist use, the strong point can get that green gunk out easily, i use it all the time to clean my OC"S. here is a pic on how i can the teeth in minutes
proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

aagreed

Brothers, have you not been told, the Onion in all it's glory has been known to be a symbol of life and the journey we take from our infant days where we have to be cleaned and prepared for life, much as the husk must be removed from the onion before it can be used. And as an onion, once the husk is removed, the protection of the womb in our case, the onion starts to deteriorate. It begins to absorb the poisons and impurities from the atmosphere, just as we start to die the moment we are born. As we progress to adulthood, we mature and grow in strength. We shed the superfluities, and grow closer to the purity of the center of the Onion, much as we progress in our spiritiual growth, to become closer to the center of the Universe, the Unspeakable name of the One. He is symbolized in many ways, and many names. The Brotherhood decided many eons ago that here, that He would be symbolized by Ralph.

The second secret of onions and BOTOC revealed!!!

Great job brother in delivering this discourse!!!

you are just Jealous :001_tt2: I have pretty toys nah nah nah nah nah . If you are nice I might allow you to play with them if you come visit after I move

Seriously? By this time next year, there will be no more OC left on earth....well except for in your home!!!

Another nice score!

Brothers, have you not been told, the Onion in all it's glory has been known to be a symbol of life and the journey we take from our infant days where we have to be cleaned and prepared for life, much as the husk must be removed from the onion before it can be used. And as an onion, once the husk is removed, the protection of the womb in our case, the onion starts to deteriorate. It begins to absorb the poisons and impurities from the atmosphere, just as we start to die the moment we are born. As we progress to adulthood, we mature and grow in strength. We shed the superfluities, and grow closer to the purity of the center of the Onion, much as we progress in our spiritiual growth, to become closer to the center of the Universe, the Unspeakable name of the One. He is symbolized in many ways, and many names. The Brotherhood decided many eons ago that here, that He would be symbolized by Ralph.

Johnnie, or should i call you Sensei, wonderful symbolism, my friend. i see wisdom is accumulated with each peeled layer!
Thank you for the insightful words, Sensei.

Whatever you and Ken have been smoking I want, seriously, name the price.

It is either some really good green, or you two are drunk on Scotch talking Freemasonry.

How many times have you all heards onions mentioned in this thread....is it just my brother and I being goofy?? Is Johnnie in on the silliness? Is there really any secret to reveal? Why are they never spoken off?

The Onions, which may have seemed to start of as a"joke" is a symbol...and even ideas that may seem to come from a "joke"...is it really?....out of all the things mentioned...why onions? Why did the universe in that point in time have the word onion used??

Why speak of the Onion now?? Well...it was said the onions was to cook Ralph! not true!!

Well the answer is here......

The Onion and its symbolic importance in the BOTOC

Since the beginning time of time, humankind has searched for knowledge, truth and a greater understand of the world around us. To explain ideas, groups and cultures have created myths and used symbols as a way to convey truth to its members, while hiding its true mean to those on the outside. In the BOTOC we are no different...ideas that represent our perfect shave and our shaving experience, help to transform us by transforming the ordinary into something extraordinary a lesson we care into all aspects of our life. as have been stated from the beginning....the BOTOC is more than a shaving club...it a group of like minded brothers that see our shaving as a metaphor for something greater, and that can see how even small shifts in one's life can create great things.

Even within the context of Christianity we hear Christ explain to his disciples when asked “Why speakest thou unto them in parables? “Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.’ Symbols are used as a method of teaching universal truths, even if the mind isn’t ready to receive the knowledge.

The onion....as a symbol has much significance. In many cultures, the onion was seen as a symbol of infinity. Ancient Egyptians took an oath of office with their right hand on an onion, believing it to represent eternity and ultimate truth. First its shape. It is round and circular, the symbol of without beginning or end. In the broadest sense, it is the symbol of the macrocosm.

Second is the layers. You peel one back and there is another.The layers are representative of both ourselves, and the mystery that lies within, and of the great mysteries that are without. It is a symbol of man on both the microcosm and macrocosm. Being multi-layered, it teaches us we need to look beyond the obvious., as a symbol of personal growth , it is the process where as you work through your issues you "peel back their layers," getting closer and closer to their root causes as you go ...As the multiple layers of an onion are peeled off, each can represent an area of wisdom until the center containing total wisdom is revealed.

Is there more to the onion of which we speak?....yes much more, but for that you must search for the symbol within yourself and find the key within....

Well said Brother BluesBishop, well said! The other secrets of the onions must be divulged another day.

The second secret of onions and BOTOC revealed!!!

Great job brother in delivering this discourse!!!

Whatever you and Ken have been smoking I want, seriously, name the price.

It is either some really good green, or you two are drunk on Scotch talking Freemasonry.

Johnnie and have not had anything of a illegal nature....sure some great single malt every now and then.... but when you travel, you do pic up a thing or two and see the world a bit differently...

I take it the brothers don't see the secret of the Onion??

It will leave us not much choice, but to call Ralph and to arrange for each and every member to receive the imitation!!

If you are walking down the street....and two men and a goat ( sounds like a GREAT TV SHOW!!) suddenly grab you, throw a hoodwink over your head and drive you to a undisclosed location.....well...don't say you haven't been warned!!

Top Bottom