What's new

mmmmm... Saddleback!

I am a big fan of the Saddleback slim brief. I actually carried a large classic briefcase for a year and ended up selling it and getting the large slim. The classic was great but I never felt like it fit in a business setting well and the weight ended up being just too much. The slim looks a little more "businessy" and is much easier to lug around a trade show. I am very happy with it so far!

I've been lurking on this thread and others about bags for awhile. I am considering a Saddleback and am looking for which might be best suited for me. It's between the slim in medium or the large. I want to carry my 15 MacBook pro, iPad 3, cables, file folders, and a book or two when needed. Also I am 6'5 300 lbs. I was leaning towards the medium but looking for advice from those of you who have experience with Saddleback.

I've been lurking on this thread and others about bags for awhile. I am considering a Saddleback and am looking for which might be best suited for me. It's between the slim in medium or the large. I want to carry my 15 MacBook pro, iPad 3, cables, file folders, and a book or two when needed. Also I am 6'5 300 lbs. I was leaning towards the medium but looking for advice from those of you who have experience with Saddleback.

The 15" MacBook Pro might be a tight fit in the medium, and carrying a few books and an iPad would definitely make it a tight squeeze. The website has the specific measurements for the Medium and the Large, and you can go from there. In terms of depth front to back, there is no difference between the medium and the large.

One thing about the medium v. large debate: I knew that if I bought the medium, there would be days I wish I could carry more. I don't mind having too much room. Therefore, I went with the large.

With your build, the Large would be perfectly fine (as reference, I am a stocky 5'10" and 215 pounds, and carry the large thin briefcase).

Hope this helps you with your decision! Cheers

Beautiful! My friend is trying to convince me to pick up one of their standard size briefcases. I'm so tempted... But there are always other luxuries on my list, too. Being single with no kids has never-ending perks, haha.

I keep meaning to ask about the chestnut color. The chestnut bags on the Saddleback website seem much redder than yours. How would you describe the color?

Thanks.

I keep meaning to ask about the chestnut color. The chestnut bags on the Saddleback website seem much redder than yours. How would you describe the color?

Thanks.

Sure, Obsessed. Happy to help.

I would say the bag is DEFINITELY more brown than red. Very similar color to my Red Wing Iron Ranger boots (see multiple postings on that thread with pics). I would put it very close to horse tack bridle leather. There is a slight reddish tint to the brown, but I consider it more brown than anything else.

To help answer your question, I just snapped two quick comparison pics with my iPhone here at my office with the bag sitting on my dark brown finished desk, next to a dark tan/light brown padfolio (slightly darker than the Saddleback Tobacco color), and a name plate where the back is a very reddish/brown.

I hope these help:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Cheers!

Last edited:
I had a live Saddleback sighting today: a large classic briefcase in what I think was chestnut. (The guy didn't know the name of the color, but it's the only possibility.) Definitely more brown than red.

My plans for a new briefcase are on hold for the time being, but it's a very nice-looking bag. The only thing that surprised me was how large some of the D-rings are.

I love the look of the classic briefcase over the slim but I couldn't see myself needed that much room. I feel like I would start carrying around unnecessary crap to make myself feel better about having such a huge bag.

Top Bottom