What's new

Converting a vintage fountain pen to use a rollerball refill?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I have taken old pen parts and made the FP breathe again. IMO turning a FP into something else is just plain wrong. If you want a rollerball, or BP buy or make one, not from a FP.

... what if he makes one from a TWSBI?

:whistling:

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Hey guys, I just finished up a Pelikan 140 ball-point! This was just an old 1955 German pen I had laying around.

It was pretty easy, actually you just need to cut off the nib section with a hack-saw and remove the piston-filler assembly from the back end. I used Elmer's glue and attached an easily replaced front end from a BIC stick and all I can say is -- WOW! This thing is so smooth compared to that flexy old gold stub nib that was melted and sold for gold scrap!

What do you all think? Uber-cool vintage style ball point! Yeah!

proxy.php

Hello. This is Mrs. Brianw

It may be a few days until he can post again.

Fortunately I was able to do CPR.

This was on the screen as I went to shut off his laptop after the rescue squad took him away.

Hey guys, I just finished up a Pelikan 140 ball-point! This was just an old 1955 German pen I had laying around.

It was pretty easy, actually you just need to cut off the nib section with a hack-saw and remove the piston-filler assembly from the back end. I used Elmer's glue and attached an easily replaced front end from a BIC stick and all I can say is -- WOW! This thing is so smooth compared to that flexy old gold stub nib that was melted and sold for gold scrap!

proxy.php

I love it Gotta love a Bic

Lets all have a moment for Brian now

proxy.php

Love the looks of that Doug! Makes me want to grab my 800 and hack saw and have at it! :001_tt2:
I guess I will have to go to the bank and take one of their Ball Points for the conversion!

Hello. This is Mrs. Brianw

It may be a few days until he can post again.

Fortunately I was able to do CPR.

This was on the screen as I went to shut off his laptop after the rescue squad took him away.

:lol:
I hope Brian makes it! What would we do with his LE Pen if he doesn't?

Not so fast Brian. We've been working on a little surprise for you with your new Edison LE. I don't want to spoil things, but let's just say it clicks!

Wait, wait - did the modern Gilette-inspired vibrating mechanism get vetoed? I swear, good ideas are totally unappreciated in their own time...

That was easier to pull off than our other idea: the Edison Fusion. It has five nibs. And they vibrate. You can write a heck of a lot at one time, but the ink goes all over the place.

proxy.php

Hey uh, I'll take that gold scrap if you don't want it Doug. In fact I've got an entire box of ball points I'll trade you!!
:rolleyes:

Top Bottom